Many Hands, One Mason!!
February 2, 2020
Dear Mason Families,
Happy Super Bowl Sunday and Happy February! This month, we will be working on the Leader In Me trait Synergizing with our students and families! To Synergize, one must understand the importance of working together as a team to reach a common goal! Our goal at Mason is to collaborate and Synergize as much as possible to make sure our learners receive the best educational experience possible. That is why our staff goes above and beyond to establish connections with each family at Mason. We value you and we need your help as we look to Synergize as much as possible. Below are several ways we can Synergize together to continue to have the greatest impact on our learners:
- Continue to read the teacher's newsletters weekly. Teachers put hours into communicating what is happening in their classroom and they want you to be informed so you can continue the learning at home.
- Continue to ask your child about their goals and how you can support them. Let your child know you care about their goals and that you will be collaborating with the teacher to make sure they are met.
- Continue to communicate with the teacher when you see your learner needs more support. We want to help as much as possible
- Continue to communicate if a change to your living environment/structure changes. The more we know, the more we can partner to help your child navigate times of uncertainty.
- Continue to ask questions and pose possible solutions.
- Continue to stay connected to Mason beyond the school day. Find a way to get involved as we always need family support! Don't forget you are always welcome to be a Mason Parking Lot Volunteer! ;)
- Continue to focus on the positive. The negative is all around us and it's hard work to focus on the what is actually going well...
- Continue to help your child at home by modeling for them what it means to Be a Leader, Be a Learner and Be Kind! Our learners mimic a lot of what they see us do as adults.
Thanks for your time and have a wonderful day,
Roy Bishop, Jr.
P.S. Don't forget to purchase tickets for our 3rd Annual Mason Winter Formal! It's going to be a great event and the money raised goes directly to our learners! Thanks for your support! Tomorrow (2.3) at 12pm is the cut off to purchase for your tickets for the discounted price of 10 dollars. Of course you can still purchase them at the door for 14 dollars! Visit masonpto.com for more information
District Magnet Program Information:
The Grosse Pointe Public School System offers the Magnet program for gifted learners at the 3rd and 4th grade levels. To be considered for the program, parents and/or teachers may nominate a student by completing a nomination form. Nomination forms are being sent home with all students in grades 2 and 3 on February 7th. You may also pick up a nomination form in our front office, or download it from our school's website. Forms are due by Tuesday, February 25th. You may deliver completed forms to the school office at either Monteith Elementary or Trombly Elementary. You may also scan and email your completed nomination form to Pam Liagre at firstname.lastname@example.org or Ann Passino at email@example.com. If you have any questions, please email Pam or Ann.
Afternoon dismissal is at 3:38 PM. Please pick your student up on the playground or designated area. The end of day is busy with lessons winding down and students getting ready to go home. If you must pick your student up early, we request that you call the office before noon so we may get your student ready at the necessary time. We are very busy in the office at this time so we ask your patience as we may not answer the door after 3:15 PM.
- 4 - Art After School - must be signed up
- 8 - Peter Pan in Neverland Winter Formal - 6-8:30 PM
- 11 - Art After School - must be signed up
- 12 - Count Day
- 5th and 6th grade Information Night @ Parcellls 6:30-8PM
- 17-21 - NO SCHOOL Mid-winter break
- 18 - PTO Bowling Event - Flyer Below
- 24 - School resumes - late start
- 25 - Art After School - must be signed up
- PTO Mtg @ 7 PM in the library
Mason Library Bookmark Contest 2020
Each student is allowed one entry. They design their bookmark based on a favorite book or book character. Student's will need to use the template provided by the library. Good Luck Mason Students! All entries are due by February 13th. Good Luck!