English Language Arts
Students will have the opportunity to retake the test if they are not happy with their results.
Directions for logging in from home:
- Go to www.ReadingPlus.com
- Click login
- Site Code: rpsuttonaps
- Students will be asked to enter a username and password. This is their regular APS computer login. If they do not know it, please contact me or have them ask me to write it down for them.
- Click the clever link
- Click log in with Active Directory
- Click the Reading Plus icon
- Select the See Reader Reading lessons
I know these instructions look complicated, but students have already completed this in class several times this year.
A few students have reported having problems logging in from home. I am working towards a solution, but for the time being, students should be doing their best to complete these assignments during the school day (during homeroom and on Wednesdays during class).
October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month!
Next week's events are:
- PINK OUT- Everyone (faculty, staff, and students) wears pink
- Breast Cancer Items for sale- $1-$10/per item
- Breast Cancer Walk during connections
- Door Decorating Contest- Homeroom classes should decorate their doors in honor of Breast Cancer Month.
Students (and parents!) can purchase a one-of-a-kind pink SMS "Team Sutton" shirt for $10! All proceeds go to charity.
Would You Like to Help?
Breast Cancer Awareness Month Breakfast
We would like to celebrate a successful month of fundraising and honor our own cancer survivors with a faculty breakfast on October 26.
If you are able to donate money and/or items for the breakfast, please give them to Ms. Kearns (room 118).
If you are able to donate money, please send/bring it in by Wednesday, October 19. Any left over money will be added to what we raise throughout the month and donated to Piedmont Cancer Wellness Fund.
Extra Credit Opportunities
Create a comic strip grammar book that illustrates the parts of speech. The book must have a front cover designed from a cartoon or comic strip character. It must also include a table of contents and eight additional pages. Each of the eight pages must have a different part of speech (noun, pronoun, adjective, adverb, verb, interjection, conjunction, and preposition), definition, a comic example with the part of speech highlighted, and an original sentence with the part of speech highlighted. Be sure you book is neat and complete!
For 10 bonus points on the upcoming unit test:
Create a Breast Cancer Awareness Poster (the pinker, the better!) Students could use the dates on the schedule for the month, or be creative!