AAA News You Can Use-April 4
How People Learn
How do you determine a child's preconceptions before teaching a lesson? What type of feedback do you provide when there is a misconception? How does the assessment of learning insure that it is not just memorization?
How People Learn: Brain, Mind, Experience and School is a book published by the National Research Council.
For All Certified Staff: In an effort to improve system practices, Academy for Academics and Arts is conducting a Alabama Technology Transform 2020 Survey: Teacher. please go to: http://www.advanc-ed.org/survey/public/3484924.
This survey must be completed by our entire AAA Certified Staff including Teachers, Media Specialists, Counselors, Special Ed Teachers, and other AAA Certified Staff by Friday, April 15th.
There will be a sign in sheet in the workroom stating that you have completed the survey.
April 6-27 DIBELS Testing
April 11-21 Star Testing*** THIS A NEW DATE***
May 2-13 ACT Aspire (SEE DETALS BELOW)
May 16-20 SchoolNet Testing
We will get more information about out End of Course Tests for Geometry and Algebra next week....
The AAA Way-PBIS
Save the Date!
Common Planning Time
Please plan to meet with me during your common planning times. We will meet in your learning pod areas. Bring any questions you have about end of the year, testing, plans for next year, PBIS, etc.
First grade-Wednesday, 11:50
Second grade-Wednesday, 12:20
Third-Wednesday, 1:20 **Can we meet on Thursday?***
Fire Alarm Testing
Peter Pan Tickets are BOGO for AAA students, families, and faculty!
This Week at a Glance
- Leadership Team Meeting 7:15 am
- Faculty Meeting 3:30 in the media center
- Strings Concert 6:30 (make up from last week)
- Kite Day
- 1/2 Day PD lunch on your own and ready to begin at 12:30 in media center
April 8 Asia Hester
April 16 Priscilla Hamel
April 23 Marty Barrett
April 25 Rebecca Campbell
Dismissal Duty for this Week
Stricklin, Hester, VandeVoorde
Frevert, Goodwin, King, Gaines
(One things are settled inside-please send one teacher outside to assist in loading cars)
STAR Progress Monitoring this week: ELA
Don' Forget and Things To Do!
- Keep mind our wellness plan at all times. Celebration parties are limited to two per year. If there is something your team wants to do, please check the Academy Handbook or with an admin to make sure we are following all guidelines.
- When emailing large groups, especially parents, be sure to use the blind copy tool. This will prevent parents from seeing other email addresses and being able to reply all. If you need help with this tool, check with a teammate or our fabulous tech, Lona Parker.
- Please be on prompt for arrival and dismissal to PE.
- If you haven't already made a contribution to the Sunshine Club, please get with Mrs. Dunn.