Camp Sam Houston Elementary
Igniting Our Passion for Learning in 2016-17!
Sam Houston Elementary Mission:
"Keep your eyes on the stars and your feet on the ground." Theordore Roosevelt
From the desk of Michelle M. Cavazos
I was so proud to see all the great student awards this morning! Lots of smiling faces from our students! Keep up the amazing work with our kids. Let's continue recognizing great things our students are doing!
Our last 5th grade Math and Science unit tests showed great results! Math was placed #4 among other schools in our district with 37% of the students reaching advance. Science was number #2 among other schools in our district! Keep up that awesome work! KUDOS once again to our 5th grade team for giving EXCELLENCE in all you do! We have lots of other unit tests and checkpoints taking place this next week. I am looking forward to seeing some great results from our kids!
This coming week is our scheduled "late night" with our Report Card conferences. Manny will register you in Eduphoria. On both days we will have someone in the front office to allow parents into the school. Please send your parent conference schedule to the front office. We will need you to sign out in the front office before you leave each day in order to get credit for each day.
Friday, the Safety and Security department will be serving us pancakes for breakfast since we received the Safety Spotlight of the Month Award for being the first school to have all of our safety drills and paperwork completed! Kudos to Mrs. Sanchez for leading us to excellence! Thanks to all of you for doing a great job with our safety drills!
Enjoy this wonderful week! Make it a fun and relaxing one! Is anyone waiting on this cool weather to get here like I am? ENJOY!
TEKS App available for your phone. Have the TEKS at your fingertips!
Monday, October 17-National School Bus Safety Week
- Social Studies Unit Test 1 (5th) -->
- Math Unit Test 1 (2nd-4th) -->
- Science Unit Test 1 (4th) -->
- ELA Reading Checkpoint 2 (3rd-5th) -->
- ELA Writing Unit Test 2 (4th) -->
- Grade Level Team meetings
- CPAC Meeting
Free jeans pass this week for United Way donations!
Tuesday, October 18
- District Honor Choir practice in MPR after school
Wednesday, October 19-Encounters Day & Unity Day (wear orange)
Principal Meeting- Cavazos off campus @ Dual Language Institute
- Report Card Parent conferences late night (3:30-5:30 p.m.)
- Choir rehearsal
Thursday, October 20
- Report Card Parent conferences late night (3:30-5:30)
- District Math/Science training (3rd grade) Sam Library 3:45 p.m.
Friday, October 21- PINK Friday for Breast Cancer Awareness
- Attendance Summaries due to Nydia (after 10 a.m.)
- Lesson Plans due in Eduphoria
- 2 grades per subject due in Skyward
- Pancake Breakfast @ 7 a.m.
- Aramco Field Trip 5th grade
- Life Skills CBI trip
Saturday, October 22
- GT Fall Institute
25-3rd grade Late Night Report Card conference make up
28- Book Character Parade & Fall Festival (Exchange Day time)
24-28- Red Ribbon Week
29-Dual Language 1st & 2nd Words Their Way
7 - Faculty meeting after school: all staff except yellow and red groups
Due November 18 (All new staff members)
- Mental Health Intervention (GPISD website: Teachers-->Mental Health Intervention