Genghis Khan, Mongol Dynasty, Religion, & Government
Temujin was his real name.
Set up the capital city of Karakorum
Died in 1227
Buddhism and Daoism & the Government
Neo-Confucianism & the Government
During the Tang dynasty more than 48,000 poems were written by 2,200 different authors. The poems described the beauty of nature, the joys of friendship and the changes of the seasons. Li Bo and Du Fu were two of the most famous authors of the time.
Painting and Ceramics
During the Song and Mongol dynasties, landscape art was the most popular. Artist of this time tried to reveal the hidden forms of landscape. The artist left blank spaces in the painting to represent that we don't know the whole truth.
Porcelain was also a popular medium.
The Life as a Mongol Soldier
- a tumen moved slow, moved only about 5 miles per day
- calvary riders had 2-4 remounts to keep his horse fresh for battle
- 75,000 oxen and camels carried all the supplies
- women in charge of tending to the animals, they killed wounded enemy soldiers during battle
- men were expected to be expert horsemen, archers and fighters
- 100,000 sheep and 10,000 goats gave milk, meat and wool to the army
- children were taught to fight and cook