A little bit about William Shakespeare
1. The birth date of William Shakespeare is unknown but the date he was baptised on was the 26th of April, 1564 in Stratford-upon-Avon, Warwickshire, England.
2. William had 8 siblings and was the third born. Sadly the first born died after 2 months and he outlived many of his siblings.
3. It isn't known where he went to school but biographers belive that he might have gone to Kings New School in Stratford a free school a quarter of a mile away from his home
4. He was 18 when he married Anne Hathaway who was 26 at the time. The marriage seems to be rushed because the marriage banns was only said once instead of three times.
5. 6 months after their wedding, Anne had a daughter, Susanna.
6. Together they had 3 children, Susanna, Hamnet and Judith. Hamnet died very early in his life.
7. Shakespeare produced most of his known work between 1589 and 1613
8. Altogether, William wrote 154 sonnets and 38 plays quite a feat.
9. He died on the 23rd of April, 1616, at the age of 52.
10. William Shakespeare wasn't originally famous until the 19th century when people marvelled at his romance writing.
The role of Women in the 15th century
Women during this period of time were actually allowed a lot more freedom then some people think. They could divorce their husbands, own a property or even start a business by themselves. They were allowed such freedom because of the various plagues that went through England. But leading up to the 16th century. These rights were crushed because of the beginning of the industrial revolution. But when the women were married they cooked, cleaned, washed etc. around the household.
Wart-necked swag-bellied maggot-pie