(02/11) Daily Reading Agenda
February 11, 2016
Activity #2: Word Study
- Root: cover
- Prefix: dis-
- Suffixes: -es, -er, -ed, -y (change to "i" when adding another suffix)
- The meanings of affixes (prefixes, suffixes, combining forms, and infixes)
- Multiple Meaning Words and how they are used differently in sentences. Ex: ride (noun, verb)
- Irregular spellings of past-tense verbs. Ex: ride/rode
- Advanced spelling patterns with silent letters. Ex: "h" in honest (transfer)
- Change "y" to "i" when adding a suffix. Ex: dry/dries
Activity #3: Central Idea / Main Idea
Activity #4: Interactive Read-Aloud
- Write your name on the paper.
- Write the main idea (IN YOUR OWN WORDS) of the text on the paper.
- Write down the two supporting details that backup the main idea on the paper.
- Take a picture of the worksheet and post it in the Reading folder in Seesaw.
- Rotate the picture, so it can be viewed correctly.
- Record yourself reading the paragraph aloud.
- Draw on the text and underline the main idea in BLUE.
- Draw on the text and underline all of the supporting details in RED.
Activity #5: Independent Reading Time & Demonstrating Fluency
- What surprised me about one of the nonfiction books I read today?
- What did the author think I already knew?
- What challenged, changed, or confirmed what I already knew?
After writing the answers to these 3 questions down in your Seesaw Learning Journal, you will choose one of these questions to explain using audio. To do this, you will click on the microphone icon in your text entry for this assignment.I will dismiss a few students at a time to go into the hallway and record.