NSCSD Universal Pre-Kindergarten
What is UPK?
The North Syracuse UPK programs follow a curriculum that is aligned to district expectations of age appropriate instruction and activities that encourage social emotional and academic growth. Research shows that students who attend UPK programs are better prepared for success when entering Kindergarten. The North Syracuse UPK programs connect families with school and build lasting relationships. For more information, please review this document in its entirety.
To ensure all families have an equal opportunity for our UPK program, there will be a lottery drawing for acceptance. Enrollment in the UPK program is NOT on a first-come, first-served basis. If the UPK program fills up before all names are pulled from the lottery, the remaining students will be placed on a waitlist and parents will be notified if a spot becomes available. Additionally, registrations will be accepted after May 27 but those students will not be included in the lottery. Registrations taken after the lottery period will be placed on a waitlist and parents will be notified if a spot becomes available.
- Learn As You Grow, Inc. at 5684 South Bay Rd., Cicero, NY 13039
- Learn As You Grow, Inc. at 8381 Elta Dr., Cicero, NY 13039
- Northminster Early Childhood Center at 7444 Buckley Rd., North Syracuse, NY 13212
- North YMCA at Roxboro Road Elementary at 200 Bernard St., Mattydale, NY 13211
- North Syracuse Early Education Program at 205 South Main St., North Syracuse, NY 13212
The program at Northminster will be a full day from 9:15 a.m. - 3:15 p.m. For further information regarding the program please contact Soheila Yaddow, Northminster Director, at (315) 458-2669 opt. 2.
The program at North YMCA at Roxboro Road Elementary will be a full day from 9:00 a.m. - 3:15 p.m. For further information regarding the program please contact Cheryl Walker, YMCA Director, at (315) 451-2562 - extension 210.
The program at North Syracuse Early Education Program will be either a full day from 9:00 a.m. - 2:30 p.m. or half day from 12:00 p.m. - 2:30 p.m. For further information regarding the program please contact Dawn Hussein, NSEEP Principal, at (315) 218-2200.
All programs will be five days a week and follow the North Syracuse School District calendar.
- COMPLETED 2022-2023 NSCSD Registration Packet
- Proof of Residency - (current National Grid or home phone bill, signed lease or mortgage statement)
- Valid proof of birth
- Up-to-date immunization records
- Updated physical or proof of scheduled upcoming appointment - child's physical cannot be more than a year old
- Valid parent identification (driver's license)