West Taylor Elementary School
School Pictures for Virtual Students are Scheduled for November
Make-up Pictures for In-Person Students.
Halloween Information for In-Person Students
Monday/Tuesday Date: Oct. 27th &
Thursday/Friday Date: Oct. 30th
- Students should be able to sit and walk easily while wearing the costume.
- Students should be able to dress themselves or have minimal assistance from teacher.
From CDC Guidelines:
- A costume mask (such as for Halloween) is not a substitute for a cloth mask. A costume mask should not be used unless it is made of two or more layers of breathable fabric that covers the mouth and nose and doesn’t leave gaps around the face.
- Do not wear a costume mask over a protective cloth mask because it can be dangerous if the costume mask makes it hard to breathe. Instead, consider using a Halloween-themed cloth mask.
- Students will be lined up outside (weather permitting).
- Grade levels will be identified at the start of each grade level.
- Parents will drive through the ‘parade’ loop beginning at 12:30P.M.
- Pictures may be taken from the car. Cars should not stop at any time.
- Students return to school building at 1:00 PM.
- No students will be dismissed early.
- Food items for treat bags should be individually wrapped and ingredients should be on the wrapper.
- Teachers will be in charge of the parties.
- Parents may be involved in creating a successful party by donating items and games for classroom parties.
- Food may be donated for the party. Donations must be in a sealed container with ingredients listed by manufacturer.
CDC Guidelines for Halloween
Virtual Students Halloween Information
REMINDER: Please check your child(s) Outlook Email.
Important Information on DocuSign
To lessen the passing back and forth of papers, and make things easier for blended and virtual students, we are distributing important back to school paperwork via DocuSign to each student’s email. There are documents that require electronic signatures and others that are just for your information. The email will be from “Taylor County Schools”.
DocuSign is an application that provides electronic signature technology. It will eliminate the need for paper documentation.
If you do not see it in your inbox, please check your junk folder. You need to complete the documents in one sitting, it does save not partial entries. It should take no longer than 10-15 minutes, and you will get a copy after completion.
Office 365 Tutorials
Virtual Students: Resource Pick Up October 21st
Accurate Parent Information
Students will eat in the cafeteria. They will be seated 6 feet apart and facing one direction. We have worked on some new lunchroom directions to keep everyone safe.
6 Foot Markers
Markers have been put in our hallways and Commons area to help us practice social distancing.
Hard to Open Cold Lunch Items
Your child should be able to open any items you send to school in their packed lunch. Thank you. We are working on reducing contact with items.
6 Foot Markers
Link here to our official web page for more information!
WTES Facebook page
Box Tops for Education
- PTO is still accepting cut from products. Put them in a baggie with the class name on it and send it to school.
- Click on the image and join Box Tops for Education. Sign up for West Taylor. Use the app to scan receipts. Yes, we still will take the Box Tops that you have cut and saved for us!
New McSavings Cards for 2020-2021 School Year
McSavings cards can be purchased for $5 throughout the year. Contact the WTES office if you have any questions. 304.842.0490