January 15, 2021
Dates to Remember
January - School Board Appreciation Month
01/18 - Martin Luther King, Jr. Day - No School
01/22 - PTO Virtual Family Bingo Night
1/25 - PTO Crust Spirit Day 11am - 9pm - Alden Bridge Location
02/01 - 02/05 - School Counselor Appreciation Week
02/09 - Spring Picture Day
02/12 - Holiday - No School
02/15 - Presidents' Day - No School
03/12 - 03/19 - Spring Break - No School
A Message from Dr. Lambert
Good afternoon and happy Friday,
I'd like to take a moment to address the rising COVID cases in our area. Montgomery County is approaching 11,000 active cases of COVID-19. There have also be additional cases in the Bush Elementary Community. I encourage each of you and all of our students to remain vigilant in practicing appropriate mitigation. Please remember that social distance, mask usage, and hand hygiene are important tools for mitigating the spread of COVID-19.
There is a COVID dashboard on the Conroe ISD web site. This dashboard is regularly updated and provides information on the impact of COVID-19 in CISD. The direct link to the dashboard is https://apps.conroeisd.net/covidimpact/.
As positive cases continue to rise in our community, it is important to continue to work to mitigate the spread of the virus. We will continue to ask all students to wear masks during the day at school. Third and fourth graders are required to wear face coverings. If you receive a classroom contact email notification, please pay attention to the requirement for your child to wear a mask (regardless of grade level) at all times, except while actively eating or drinking, during the school day. This is a requirement for attending school after a classroom contact.
We continue to focus on providing a safe learning environment at Bush, and I am not aware of any cases of COVID spread within the school. Please do not hesitate to reach out if you have questions or concerns.
Take good care,
Dr. Jarod Lambert
Message from our Front Office
- All transportation changes need to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org before 2:00 PM each day.
- Car rider dismissal reminder: Entering the school driveway at dismissal is by right turn only. All traffic leaving the school should turn right onto Crownridge as well.
- Only visitors essential to school operations will be permitted to enter CISD facilities.
- All individuals entering the building must wear a face mask covering their mouth and nose.
- Visitors will be required to complete a COVID-19 screening form in the reception area prior to leaving the front office area.
- Only essential learning items can be dropped off on our outside drop off table.
- Students forgetting lunches will be allowed to get a meal from the cafeteria.
- Students need to have a mask on while riding a CISD school bus.
Bush Clinic Phone - 936-709-1609
Please provide the following information when reporting COVID symptoms, a known COVID direct exposure, or COVID test results:
· Date of onset of symptoms
· Date of direct exposure
· Is positive family member able to totally isolate from members in household · Email copy of COVID test results to Nurse Cheryl email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. The earliest return to school date will be determined from this information.
PLEASE NOTE: Students are cleared to return to school when the nurse receives documentation of the following: Health care provider clearance letter to return to school, including a date the student may return OR Negative COVID-19 test results. Please keep your child home until ALL symptoms have subsided, including being fever free for at least 24 hours without the use of fever-reducing medications.
ISOLATION OR QUARANTINE:
· Students who are absent due to isolation or quarantine criteria who log in to SeeSaw or Canvas before 11:59 pm will be counted as a REMOTE ATTENDANCE.
· Students who are absent due to isolation or quarantine criteria who are unable to sign into SeeSaw or Canvas before 11:59 pm will be counted as an EXCUSED ABSENCE.
Per Conroe ISD guidelines: If your child has a fever or other symptoms that could be from COVID-19 and does not get tested OR is not cleared by their healthcare provider with an alternative diagnosis, it is assumed the child has COVID-19 and may not return to school until the following 3 criteria are met:
1. Has been fever free for 24 hours without the use of fever-reducing medication.
2. AND child has improved symptoms.
3. AND at least 10 days have passed since symptoms first appeared.
Please email or fax (936-709-1699) healthcare provider date of return to school confirmation or COVID-19 test results to the nurse email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org in order to return to school sooner than the 10 day isolation period.
People with COVID-19 have had a wide range of symptoms reported – ranging from mild symptoms to severe illness. Symptoms may appear 2-14 days after exposure to the virus. People with these symptoms may have COVID-19:
· Feeling feverish or a measured temperature greater to or equal to 100 dg F.
· Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
· Muscle or body aches
· New loss of taste or smell
· Sore throat
· Congestion or runny nose
· Nausea or vomiting
· Shaking or exaggerated shivering https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/if-you-are-sick/care-for-someone.html
PLEASE NOTIFY THE NURSE OR THE FRONT OFFICE IF YOUR CHILD DEVELOPS ANY OF THE ABOVE SYMPTOMS.
MEDICATION POLICIES AND PROCEDURES:
Prescription medication must be in the original container, properly labeled including the student’s name, the name of the medication, directions concerning dosage, the schedule for administration, expiration date, and the date the prescription was filled. No expired prescription medication will be administered. No more than a ninety (90) day supply of a prescription medication may be checked in at one time.
Over-the-counter medications such as Tylenol, ibuprofen, cough or cold medicines that could potentially mask COVID-19 symptoms will require a written order from your child’s health care provider. Special Medication Note: Due to CDC COVID-19 guidelines nebulizer medications cannot be administered at school at this time.
CURB SIDE MEDICATION SIGN IN:
Please email or call the clinic if your child will require a scheduled or prescription medication for this school year. A medication permission form will be emailed to you, or let us know if you need to pick up a paper copy.
Medications will be dropped off via curb side delivery Monday-Friday between the hours of 8:30-2:30. Please email email@example.com or call 936-709-1600 (front office) or 936-709-1609 (clinic) to let us know that you are here for medication drop off. Nurse Cheryl will come out to your car to collect the signed forms and medication.
CLINIC STUDENT CLOTHING REQUEST:
In case of restroom accidents, spills, muddy clothes, please keep a complete change of clothes in your child’s backpack in a zip lock bag to have on hand. The clinic will not have extra clothes in the clinic to provide our students. Parents will be called to bring clothing changes if their child does not have extra clothes available in their backpack. Thank you for your help!
Nurse Cheryl Kirchner, RN
Evelin Padilla, Clinic Assistant
School zone and car rider drop off safety reminders
As a reminder our school doors do not open until 7:30 AM. We ask that you do not drop off your child before that time as they will be on the front porch unattended.
- Please remember to remind your children not to cross until the crossing guards are at their posts in the morning.
- A picture of your child's barcode on your phone will not work for car rider line. We have to scan each barcode, and you need the actual print out.
- Please do not drop of children on Crownridge Drive at the school path. If you are in car line the children should remain in the vehicle until they are at the front of the school.
- While driving, allow crossing guards to cross children and to return to the sidewalk before driving through the crosswalk.
- Cell phones should not be used while in the school zone.
- No dogs are allowed on school property.
- U-turns are not allowed on Crownridge Drive.
- Please do not sit on the curb or allow your children to play in the street.
School Resource Officer Day
Tuesday, January 12, 2021
Wednesday, January 13, 2021
Thursday, January 14, 2021
Friday, January 15, 2021
Conroe ISD's School Messenger
All SMS messages received from the Conroe ISD District Office and your child's campus will begin with "Conroe ISD:" and come from the subscribe code 67587. If you have not yet opted-in to receive SMS messages, you can do so at any time throughout the school year by texting "Y" to 67587.
Remember when we could provide home-cooked meals to show our appreciation to the Bush staff? While this year has brought some challenging changes that help keep everyone safe, it’s also brought a tremendous amount of community support.
This month, thanks to Opes One-Greater Houston Wealth Innovation & Protection, our Bush Staff was treated to locally-owned El Norteno Tacos in recognition of their dedication to our children. Nothing says love and appreciation quite like tacos!
SignUp and donate $10 to help sponsor a February luncheon honoring our Bush staff. Each donation buys a staff member’s lunch, which includes: an HEB True Texas BBQ Loaded Baked Potato and a serving of Banana Pudding.
Click Here (https://www.signupgenius.com/go/508054fa4a623aaf94-february) to Donate!
The yearbook team needs pictures of your Bobcat
Be sure to identify the grade level of the children pictured before uploading photos. The Barbara Bush Project Number: 126474. There’s no upload code. Thank you for your help to ensure our yearbook represents all of our students!
Bush Elementary: A nurturing and inclusive community where students become empowered citizens and life-long learners. Every student, every day!
Our school hours are 8:00-3:10. Students may arrive as early as 7:30 and will go to their homeroom beginning at that time.
The Conroe Independent School District does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, or age in its programs and activities and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups. The following persons have been designated to handle inquiries regarding these non-discrimination policies: Title IX Coordinator, 3205 W. Davis, Conroe, Texas 77304; (936)-709-7700 and the Section 504/ADA Coordinator, 3205 W. Davis, Conroe, Texas 77304; (936) 709-7670.