Keeping you "In the Know"...
"Learning begins at the edge of your comfort zone."
- I wanted to include the websites I have emailed you this past week so that you would have an easy to remember go to place to find them
- For math instruction, a great go to is LiverBinders: http://www.livebinders.com/play/play?id=930542
- For a great resource to build your background knowledge are the podcasts Teachers Ask Jen Serevallo: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/teachers-ask-jen-serravallo/id1037686677?mt=2
- Another great site to support our learning and our student's learning is Lead4ward.com. It has so many great resources and they are all FREE!!!
- Curriculum Update: Curriculum dept is busy working on curriculum for Cluster 3 and will have it posted when it's complete. The planners and CBAs are posted which can be used for backwards planning.
- As last year, we will not have a 4th or 5th grade math simulation. Teachers should be using their CBAs and CFAs to provide targeted instruction. 3rd grade CBA 4 is cumulative (lengthy like the STAAR) and will serve as a simulation. 3rd grade should also be using their CBAs and CFAs to provide targeted instruction throughout the year.
Please encourage your grade level representative to register for our grade level professional learning. Teachers will need to bring their cluster 4 planner, (5) completed cluster pre-assessments, and a technology device.
Both MATH and READING
Here are some great thinking stems I saw at our last IC meeting. I wanted to pass them along to you!
FISD Elementary Testing Calendar
Here is a link to the FISD Elementary Testing Calendar. Feel free to confirm these dates on your calendar!