Belonging, Learning and Growing Together.
The Pelican Brief
- The children are looking forward to seeing you next Wednesday for their Christmas party, Graduation Ceremony and Concert. Children should dress in Christmas colours.
- Movie Day - Tuesday 18 December. Notes have been placed in your child's information pocket if they attend preschool on a Tuesday.
Outcome 2: Children are connected with and contribute to their world
Children develop a sense of belonging to groups and communities and an understanding of the reciprocal rights and responsibilities necessary for active community participation
Children respond to diversity with respect
Children become aware of fairness
Children become socially responsible and show respect for the environment
Walk the Plank!
Charlotte, Raphael and Isabelle took turns to role the dice and move their pirates towards the treasure on the island. They played cooperatively and were happy for one another when they retrieved a piece of treasure from the treasure chest.
- Children cooperate with others in group experiences
- Children respond positively to others and demonstrate an understanding of fairness
Outcome 3: Children have a strong sense of wellbeing
Children become strong in their social and emotional wellbeing
Children take increasing responsibility for their own health and physical wellbeing
To assist them to develop their confidence to perform in front of others, we have been having class concerts. The children have been choosing songs to perform in pairs in front of the rest of the group.
- Children demonstrate confidence and accept challenges
- Children recognise the contributions they make to shared experiences
Outcome 4: Children are confident and involved learners
Children develop dispositions for learning such as curiosity, cooperation, confidence, creativity, commitment, enthusiasm, persistence, imagination and reflexivity
Children develop a range of skills and processes such as problem solving, enquiry, experimentation, hypothesising, researching and investigating
Children transfer and adapt what they have learned from one setting to another
Children resource their own learning through connecting with people, place, technologies and natural and processed materials
The children displayed concentration, creativity and satisfaction as they drew Christmas pictures. They paid attention to detail and took their time to complete their drawings. The children worked with confidence as they discussed their drawings with one another.
Zach said, "I'm putting presents under my tree."
"I'm putting a star on the top," said Oliver.
Colours were transferred onto their black and white drawings by placing crepe paper on top and spraying them with water.
Raphael said, "You need to spray a lot of water."
- Children manipulate objects and explore cause and effect
- Children engage in experiences with interest and enthusiasm