Fremd Student Services
2019-20 Course Selection Information Newsletter
Students and Parents:
Course selection season is upon us! The more sure you are of your course selections, the more likely you are to have a seat in a particular course. Your selections help determine how we build the master calendar for the 20-21 school year. Teachers have made recommendations for courses, which can be viewed on Infinite Campus. To prepare for course selection in December, please use your Course Planner on Xello (formerly Career Cruising). Counselors will discuss and confirm these selections with you when we meet during your Wellness/PE class in December. All final changes must be shared with your counselor by January 31, 2020.
As you select courses for the upcoming school year, consider the following questions:
1. What do I have to take (graduation requirements)?
2. What should I take (for college/career preparation)?
3. What would I like to take (because it sounds interesting, fun, or a potential career interest)?
Class of 2023
December 3: Wellness 1-4
December 4: Wellness 5-8
Class of 2022
December 5: Wellness 1-4
December 6: Wellness 5-8
Class of 2021
December 13: PE periods 1-4
December 9: PE 5-8
(For further details: Curriculum Guide: https://adc.d211.info/books/curriculumguide/ (p. 7).
Sophomore year requirements
Junior year requirements
Senior year requirements
Econ/Gov or Social Science Survey
Other graduation requirements
Health (for students who did not take Freshman Wellness)
If you consider yourself college-bound, you may consider taking…
2-4 levels of a world language
3 years of science
3 years of social studies
4 years of math
Course Selection Resources
1. D211 Curriculum Guide: https://adc.d211.org/cms/lib/IL49000007/Centricity/shared/academics/curriculum-guide.pdf Read about each department’s course offerings and prerequisites.
2. Student Readiness Plan (SRP): https://www.d211studentreadiness.org/ (Login: Infinite Campus credentials).
3. Xello Course Planner & Matchmaker: Xello.world (Login: D211 Google credentials). Consider this your draft in progress, which helps to visualize options & where to fit them.
4. D211 Career Cluster website: http://www.d211careercluster.org/
See courses offered that are connected with each of the various career clusters.
They offer the best knowledge about courses available in their departments or can put you in
touch with someone who teaches that course.
6. Counselors: We would be happy to answer any questions you have and work with you one-on-one. Our time with you is very brief on schedule days. You are welcome to sign up for an appointment at the Student Services desk. Ultimately, all final selections and changes are due on January 31, 2020.
7. Additional Course Information by Department:
FINAL EXAM SCHEDULE
Wednesday Dec. 18 Periods 1, 3, 7
Thursday Dec. 19 Periods 2, 4, 8
Friday Dec .20 Periods 5 & 6