The Toronto Zoo
A Whale of a Fun Day!
Changes to Slogan
Changes to Products and Services (Grow Target Market)
- By Introducing roller coasters and thrill rides, you are increasing your target market. You will be attracting all kinds of young people to your park and they will then begin to learn more of the message you can convey. It is nice to have a conservation message, but it is even better to get them to your actual events and allow the people to hear them.
Bring More Interesting Animals:
- Being the Premier Zoo in Canada they have the funds and capability to deal with animals that are crowd pleasers. This includes animals like, Elephants, Dolphins, Whales, Polar Bears, Alligators etc. People want to see these animals and learn more about them. People would find it worth while to visit these zoos and know that you are making an effective change. With the more intelligent of the animals, you can even offer educational shows and programs that are entertaining which could then attract more people as well.
- Add more food options so that way people do not have to leave the park to worry about feeding their children.
Change in Perceptual Map
Changes To Demographics
Athletes are always looking for ways to keep up there reputation, and therefore having a celebrity endorse their brand is good for both parties. Athletes want people to know that they care about environmental sustainability and nature, so that they can be seen as an example that people can idolize. Having celebrities carry their message means that all the followers of that celebrity will begin to carry that message as well.
SHOWS SHOWS SHOWS!!!!
Goals: The Game Plan!
- Learning can be exceptionally fun if done right. Considering that people are spending their own time at zoos to entertain themselves, it is very important to ensure you are giving them what they want along with selling your product. We've established that the product Zoos try to sell is their conservation message, which allows people to want to come back and "be in the know" about what is transpiring. So creating a fun atmosphere that strategically implements education and that message is vital. This can be done through many different pathways. This can be done through programs like, shows, behind the scenes tours, performances, interactive (meet the animal up close) guest experiences and much more.
- More publicity! Groundbreaking research and discoveries happen right here at the Toronto Zoo, yet they are very quiet about it! The world wants to know when they find anti-bodies to fight caner within their elephant system, and when they bring Giant Cranes back from the brink of extinction. The TO Zoo hasn't been the best at advertising themselves on social media and with the press, and therefore a lot of their discoveries go unnoticed.
- Personal Selling! Once again that one on one connection that people experiences with employees and representatives of the TO Zoo, leave a lasting impact. Compared to most zoos the TO Zoo does not have much interaction between the staff and guests, and that ultimately leaves many vital questions unanswered. Therefore I will increase personal selling to help make the guest experience more personal and memorable.
Both of these aspects will allow the Zoo to increase awareness, attract interest, arouse desire and initate action.