Brewster School Newsletter
February 19, 2016
Thinking about all your hard work and all the little things you do that leave a lasting impression on the staff and students at Brewster School.
We appreciate your knowledge, input, creativity, thoughtfulness, sense of humor and selflessness.
- To the reading staff who put together usable, understandable and thoughtful presentations in a very short amount of time.
- To Marcia for keeping the Sunshine candy bowls filled in the faculty room.
- To classroom teachers for getting your data in.
- We will be having a lock down drill next week. If you have any questions please ask.
- Thank you to those of you who have already scheduled your second observation or summative formal observation. If not, please stop by to see me or Patti to get them on my calendar. I am not looking to have them completed until the end of March so there is plenty of time. I just want to get them in the calendar.
- The faculty meeting is scheduled for Tuesday, March 1st. Maura Lundt will be reviewing what she did during her visit to Plainville. Also, Lindsay and Jenny will be presenting new technology we just received, Tiggly's and Osmo's.
- The Literacy Team will be reviewing the reading assessment data next week. If you have concerns about a child, please let me know or refer them to the SAT.
- The Brewster Buck store is open. Alex and Sandy tested it out today. It was a success! Alex will touch base with the counters to let them know how it will work.
Feb 24 - BOE meeting at Strong 7:00
Feb 25 - PBIS assembly
March 1 - Faculty meeting
March 2 - Dr. Seuss Wacky Wednesday
March 4 - First Friday Family Read
I guess we will be skipping National Chili Day for lack of cooks. Hopefully we have lots of people would like to make pie on Pi day. See below for the date.
We will be celebrating February birthdays next Friday. Maura C, Kelley, Mary Ellen and Patti will be bringing in treats to celebrate lots of February birthdays.
March 14 is National Pi Day - Anyone want to share their favorite pie with the staff.
March 23 is National Dip Day - This was a big hit!! Nancy is looking forward to that one.