Super 6th Grade
31th Edition April 4. 2016
Please try to be prompt as testing starts first thing in the morning.
Also check out 6th grade tab for homework calendar.
Students will need to log onto Edmodo to complete the Spring Break Packet. There are a total of five assignments. Students should use the following link for assistance with the packet.
The spring break packet will be due on Monday, April 11, 2016.
MS. PHILLIPS' SCIENCE CLASS
04-04-16 to 04-08-16
Hello wonderful LPA parents. Our students are reviewing for the Milestones test. Students will review concepts from the geology, oceanography, meteorology, and astronomy. I am pleased to say when we reviewed, using the GA Milestones EOG questions (available on Edmodo in the folders tab under Milestone 2016 Science), most of our scholars felt confident in their understanding. To ensure that their confidence remains, please review concepts on USA Test Prep.
SCIENCE FAIR 2016
The science fair project has been postponed until next semester. Thank you for all your hard work and research you have completed.
Homework- Spring Break Packet Information
Make sure all of the components of your homework home assignments given since February as this will be good practice for the Milestone. Here is the list of all the work assignments as well as Milestone Review available online.
- Milestone Performance Task Review found on USA Test Prep in the assignment list
- Milestone Small Test Questions Review found on USA Test Prep in the assignment list
- Milestone 2016 Science Resources found on Edmodo on my folders
- HW - Water Cycle 02-01 to 02-05 found on USA Test Prep in the assignment list
- HW 02-08 to 02-15 found on USA Test Prep in the assignment list
- HW 02-22 to 02-26 found on USA Test Prep in the assignment list
- HW 03-07 to 03-24 found on USA Test Prep in the assignment list
- HW 03-28-16 found on USA Test Prep in the assignment list tab
Standards for 6th grade science:
S6E1 Students will explore current scientific views of the universe and how those views evolved.
S6E2 Students will understand the effects of the relative positions of the earth, moon and sun.
S6E3 Students will recognize the significant role of water in earth processes.
S6E4 Students will understand how the distribution of land and oceans affects climate and weather.
S6E5 Students will investigate the scientific view of how the earth's surface is formed.
S6E6 Students will describe various sources of energy and with their uses and conservation.conservation.
Mr. Adams ELA / READING
Complete the following ELA online assessments for Parts 1 and 2. Print out the sheet at the end to turn in teacher upon your return from Spring Break. (Use INTERNET EXPLORER browser)
If you click on the link on the homework calendar from the LPA website, here are the steps: