Abortion in the U.S
by: Evan Albrecht
Should Abortion be illegal in the United States?
Abortions should be illegal because having a baby could be easily prevented, and having an abortion is considered murder if the baby's heart has begun to beat. And abortions go against religion and pro life activity.
Background info on abortion.
Text evidence and Quotes
- "tablet of mifepristone--better known as RU-486, or the French abortion pill. "Here goes!" the young woman says. She knows there is no turning back once she takes the pill." -Margaret Talbot. This shows that abortion is a thing that is bad and it prevents natural occurrences.
- "Looking calmer now, she grabs her backpack and heads downstairs to find her boyfriend, who has been waiting for her in the lobby. Together, they go home. Within about 72 hours (in other cases, it is 48 or fewer), she will find someplace private and comfortable to lie down--probably her own bed--and vaginally insert four tablets of a medication called misoprostol. The tablets will trigger uterine contractions."-Margaret Talbot. There are more steps that come to an abortion and it is not just taking the single pill it is multiple and this is another unnatural step.
- "The statistic is astonishing: 43 percent of American women will have an abortion in their lifetime, if current rates are sustained. That would mean that, for better or worse, abortion is as common a life experience for women as divorce--and more than three times more common than breast cancer."-by Steven Waldman. This evidence shows that almost half of the women in the U.S get an abortion. This percent is unreasonable and people should not be allowed to get abortions like this.
- "The real reason the figure seems so implausible is that while women are willing to discuss the issue of abortion, they rarely talk about THEIR abortions."-Steven Waldman. this means that some of the women getting abortions are the ones against abortions and that people are lying about what they really think. If Abortions were illegal this would not be a problem for anyone and no one would have to lie about things.
- "The basic facts on abortion are these: Roughly 1.4 million women have abortions each year--89 percent before the 12th week of gestation. Eighty-two percent are unmarried or separated."-Steven Waldman. e This means that eighty two percent of women get an abortion because the get a divorce, This is not fair and even though the parents are not together they should still raise the child and let it live its life instead of getting rid of the problem the started. people need to learn from their mistakes and they don't learn anything if they take the easy way out of a situation.
- "The basic facts on abortion are these: Roughly 1.4 million women have abortions each year--89 percent before the 12th week of gestation. Eighty-two percent are unmarried or separated."-Steven Waldman. This means that people are taking the easy way out. People cannot learn from their mistakes if they just take the easy way out of a situation. The child should be able to live its life and have a chance and the parents should raise the child no matter the situation of THEIR relationship it is someone else's life they are taking.
| || |
this shows how people have mixed feelings about abortion.
And that a lot of people do not want abortion to happen any more because it is no fair.