Respiratory Syncytial Virus
By Camryn Rosson
Scientific name ;
RSV (Respiratory syncytial virus)
There is no cure for RSV
Time it lasts
RSV can last up to 2-8 days but symptpoms can last 3 weeks.
Way RSV spreads
- A person with RSV sneezes, coughs, or blows their nose near you.
- You touch, kiss, or shake hands with someone who is infected by the virus.
- You touch your nose, eyes, or mouth after you have touched something contaminated by the virus, such as a toy or doorknob
Ages of victums
- Premature infants
- Infants with chronic lung disease
- Infants whose immune system does not work well
- Infants with certain forms of heart disease
- Older people with multiple lung or breathing problems.
There never has been a major outbreak but every year their are thousands of infants and a couple seniors die from it every year.
Scientists originally thin that RSV came from moneys.