Joyceville Public School
September 8, 2015
On behalf of all the staff, I extend a warm welcome to all our students and families! We look forward to working with you in pursuit of success for all our students. It is our belief that positive partnerships through effective communication will ensure our students will be the best they can be!
I would like to say a a big thank you to everyone; staff, students and parents, for the very warm welcome I have received. Joyceville PS is clearly a wonderful place!
Our dedicated staff have been hard at work this summer cleaning, preparing classrooms, organizing resources, and gathering information about student needs. We are ready and excited for this school year. A special thanks to our caretakers Mr. Inwood and Mr. Dwyer and our volunteer Skyler for our beautiful school! I feel fortunate to be working with such a dynamic, dedicated, talented group of people who work together every day to meet the needs of our students.
We have created a parent information sheet with our school information - contact information, hours, staff names, and student attendance, arrival/dismissal and visitor procedures. I hope you find this helpful. Please review the Code of Conduct at the bottom of this page with your child. I have three simple ideas I share with students: work hard, be nice and get involved!
The staff and I feel feel privileged to be part this school family. We thank you for your support and look forward to working with you. I have an open door policy and welcome your input. I have included a brief parent survey and encourage you to fill it out and return to school. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Many items are coming home this week!
Please return as soon as possible:
- Computer Use Agreement
- Advance Absence Notification Card
- Data Verification and Freedom of Information - review and update
- Accident Insurance Application Package (Please note that Board Policy requires all student who participate in school sponsored extracurricular activities to have Accident Insurance Coverage either through Reliable Insurance Company or provide another carrier. Proof of insurance must be provided prior to your child's participation in school sponsored sporting events.
- Parent Survey (if you wish)
- Electronic Newsletter Survey
Please keep for your reference:
- School Calendar
- Joyceville PS Information Sheet
Milk and Hot Lunch
Peanut Free Environment/Food Allergies
Safe Arrival Program
- Park only in designated spots (please note that the back row spot nearest the school is not a spot to allow buses to turn safely!)
- Please do not park near the front entrance
- Use the south entrance (farthest from school) to enter and the north entrance (closest to school) to exit.
Thank you for your assistance!
Student Use of Cell Phones and other Electronic Devices
Students are are permitted to bring cell phones and other electronic devices to school, such as iPods. They may use these ONLY WITH PERMISSION FROM A STAFF MEMBER during the instructional times and breaks. Cell phones must be turned off as soon as students arrive at school and kept in a safe location. Students may not use them during outdoor recess. Students are responsible for any equipment brought to school and the school is not responsible for lost, stolen or damaged items.