AoP Tech News Spring 2019
Tech News, Support, and Information for AoP Educators!
Are you headed to ISTE this summer? Or thinking about it? ISTE is the largest EdTech focused conference in the world! Taking place June 23rd -26th right here in Philadelphia. With over 1,400 sessions, this conference can be an amazing learning opportunity for teachers and leaders...and a overwhelming at times, too! For our final newsletter of the year, check out our Top 5 tips for tacking ISTE:
- Wear Comfortable Shoes: You will do A LOT of walking at ISTE! The Pennsylvania Conference Center is huge and sessions are very spread out. Then there's the gigantic Expo Hall. Know that you'll likely walk several miles worth of steps each day, so choose your footwear wisely.
- BYO Water Bottle and Snacks: You'll be running from one session to the next and sometimes it's crowded, time-consuming, and expensive to grab a full meal. Having a reusable water bottle and some healthy snacks will help you power through. If you don't mind eating an early or late lunch, the crowds will be a lot smaller!
- Have a Game Plan: Using the app and ISTE website, preview sessions you might be interested in attending. Because of the volume of sessions offered at ISTE, it can be difficult to make decisions when looking through right before the time slot. If you are taking public transportation into the city, that's a great time to devise a plan!
- Pack Lightweight Tech: You will definitely want to bring some kind of tech to this conference! It is an EdTech conference after all! Choosing a lighter weight Chromebook, laptop or tablet can make a big difference. Bonus tip: pack an extra charger or power strip and you'll make a lot of friends!
- Not at ISTE? Not a Problem: We recognize that going to ISTE might not be accessible for everyone, but that doesn't mean you can't benefit! As the conference approaches, presenters typically begin to load resources and materials to be accessed in the ISTE app. On Twitter, follow the hashtags: #ISTE, #ISTE19, and a favorite, #notatISTE! You'll be able to follow (or join in!) conversations and access resources.
Check out the AoP Tech Team Presenting at ISTE:
- Annabel Dotman: Digital Without Boards (June 24th, 1 pm) and Sparking Creativity (June 25th, 10:15 am)
- Aaron Heintz: Calendar Management: Structure with Flexibility (June 24th, 1:30 pm)
- Alissa DeVito: Utilizing the Triple E Framework (June 25th, 9:30 am), Fireside Chats with Mentor Coaches (June 25th, 10:30 am)
February Teacher Feature
March Teacher Feature
February Teacher Feature
April Teacher Feature
May Teacher Feature - Coming Soon to www.aoptech.org