Taylor ISD DuckLink #4
empowering student success and school improvement
2013-2016 Technology Plan in the Works!
- Teaching & Learning
- Educator Preparation & Development
- Leadership, Administration & Support
- Infrastructure for Technology
You can learn more by visiting this site. http://techplan.taylorisd.schoolfusion.us
If you are interested in the plan currently in place you can find it here. 2010-2013 Technology Plan
JP's Apps Gone Free!
Here are some apps that recently became free! Be sure to check them out for your students and see if they align with your next lesson. (These apps may not remain free so get them today.)
Bloom's Taxonomy Resources
Posters from Learning Today
Bloom's Taxonomy for iPads from Silvia Rosenthal Tolisano
Web 2.0 Apps to Support Blooms Revised Taxonomy from Kathy Schrock
Are Your Students Meeting the Technology Application Standards!
The Technology Applications standards have been updated for this school year. It is amazing what our students need to know and be able to do these days. Since we do not have any designated Technology Application classes in our school district, we must strive to meet these standards across all subject areas. Are you doing your part? Here are just some of the standards pulled from 3rd-5th grade. Are you amazed?
- use virtual environments to explore systems and issues
- draft, edit, and publish products in different media individually and collaboratively
- collect, analyze, and represent data to solve problems using tools such as word processing, databases, spreadsheets, graphic organizers, charts, multimedia, simulations, models, and programming languages
- use proper touch keyboarding techniques and ergonomic strategies such as correct hand and body positions and smooth and rhythmic keystrokes
Click here to see all the Technology Application standards and see how you can help.