Excellence In All We Do.
February 2, 2018
And, now we are active on TWITTER! You can follow us @hs_lagovista.
What's Been HAppening?
questions about the ASVAB
The ASVAB gives your student information about scholarships and college and career opportunities based on their aptitudes. Sign your student up today by contacting Meghin_Huerta@lagovista.txed.net. Learn more by attending our meeting this Wednesday at 6:30 pm in the MAC.
We love Mr. Pruitt
Our beloved English and AVP teacher turned 30-something this week.
Cap and Gown Time
Your senior should have brought home their order packet this week. Orders for caps, gowns, and announcements are due next Wednesday!
questions about the ASVAB
We hosted District Debate
Kudos to Ms. Howard for organizing this well-run event.
we won district debate
Congrats, Mr. Garcia, Evan, and Raoult for placing 1st in CX district competition. On to state!
Mr. Walker went to truancy court
Judge Slagle isn't as nice as he looks. Fines, community service, suspended licenses and extra school work await those who do not come to school!
we won district debate
Our boys basketball teams hosted this fun event. Thanks to you, boys, for appreciating your teachers and staff!
Tennis champ in the making
Katelyn placed 3rd in the Georgetown 9th grade tourney on Tuesday.
Next Week at LVHS:
Tuesday, February 6 - PROGRESS REPORT GRADES WILL BE FINALIZED AND POSTED BY
8:00 AM ON TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 6; Girls and Boys Basketball vs Comfort, 4:30, (HOME)
Wednesday, February 7 - SENIOR CAP AND GOWN ORDERS DUE - BRING money and order form to advisory/lunch; Lago Vista Women's Lunch in the MAC; MANDATORY Cheerleader Parent Meeting - 5:30, MAC; Parent Chat - ASVAB - at 6:30 pm in the MAC.
Thursday, February 8 - Scholarship lunch buddies with Mrs. Huerta - counselor's office; JV Tennis at Westwood, FCA during advisory
Friday, February 9 - Student testimony - "How the ASVAB helped me.", 10:45, MAC; Golf at Ingram; Boys Basketball vs Johnson City, 4:30 (HOME); Baseball vs St. Dominic; 4:30 (HOME)
ENGLISH 1 AND 2 STAAR BENCHMARKS WILL BE HELD ON TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 13 AND WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 14.
ASVAB WILL BE ADMINISTERED TO SENIORS WHO HAVE REGISTERED ON THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 15. Students MUST register with Mrs. Huerta to take it.
More Slots for Junior Class Meetings
No School! No School! No School! student holiday on monday, feb 19.
2. I saw Judge Slagle in truancy court revoke someones license for too many absences. Show up to school and he will not have that option to take yours away. Don't believe me, look it up.
3. Super Bowl weekend! As a Cowboys fan I can't believe I am saying this but Go Eagles!!!
4. If you are a diehard Patriots fans (Hardway family), please don't slash my tires.
5. Seniors, only 73 more school days!!!
Parent Chat in February is on February 7. Sergeant Elmer will present to parents on how the ASVAB can help students plan for their college and career. It will be at 6:30 in the MAC.
Old news we keep in here for your reference:
Please consider joining PTSA!
- Open to all parents, teachers, and students at LVHS. Students who are members all four years of high school will be eligible to compete for National PTA scholarships their senior year.
- To provide our students and parents with training and support that the National PTA provides, free of charge, to members.
- To provide teachers with support they might need in their classrooms through financial assistance with classroom supplies and monthly teacher appreciation.
- To provide our students with opportunities for college scholarships through National PTA.
- Membership is $10 per person, renewable each school year. $4.50 goes to the National PTA and $5.50 will go towards our local PTSA.
- Complete the PTSA Membership Form and return with your payment (cash or check made out to LVHS PTSA) to LVHS. Click here to download and complete the registration form.
StayAlert System Reminder!
Users may anonymously report concerns 24-7-365 via the StayALERT website, an e-mail, a phone call to a recorded and monitored line, or via a text message from a cell phone. Photos and video clips pertaining to the StayALERT report may be included. No special app required! Reportable information will be forwarded in a timely manner to a pre-designated school official for review.
To make a report, use one of the methods below:
Call or Text: (206) 406-6485
Morning tutorials- Wednesdays and Thursdays at 7:45 in the MAC. Come get help from some of our great junior and senior members of the National Honor Society.
Our schoolwide attendance goal for this year is 97%. Our state funding is based on the percentage of students at school at 10:15 am every day. Higher attendance rate = more money for resources for your student.
For students who exceed our 96% goal, we are planning some more exciting rewards this year, such as a movie in the PAC, Kona Ice, and exam exemptions!
For students who miss school, here is some very important attendance information:
- 3 or more unexcused absences in a 4 week period - warning letter sent home, phone conference with at-risk coordinator and attendance improvement plan.
- 5 or more unexcused absences in a 6-week period - warning letter sent home, phone conference with administrator, attendance behavior plan reviewed.
- 7 or more unexcused absences in an 8-week period - warning letter sent home and Behavior Intervention Plan meeting called with the parents, student, and assistant principal.
- 10 or more unexcused absences in a 6 month period - truancy charges are filed. Parent, student and school administrator will be summoned to appear in truancy court.
Our campus goal is to reach 97% attendance each day.
Thanks for your support!
To whom should I talk about...
Registration, Transcripts: Our registrar, Tyra_Becker@lagovista.txed.net, 512-267-8300, extension 5503
Student Emotional Support, College Readiness, Student Schedules: Our counselor, Meghin_Huerta@lagovista.txed.net, 512-267-8300, extension 5504