Updates from Adams Central Elementary March 9, 2021
I want to thank you for your continued support during the 20-21 school year. Your phone calls about illnesses, patience with Covid guidance, homework support, virtual learning efforts, and words of encouragement do not go unnoticed. As a staff, we appreciate all that you do to prepare your children for school each day.
Please feel free to reach out to me with any questions or concerns.
Kindergarten screening will take place on Thursday, April 1 from 8:00 AM – 8:00 PM.
· Child is 5 years of age prior to August 1, 2021
· Enter through the W-1 Elementary Office doors.
· Masks are required for both adults and children.
· We request that only parents and the child being screened attend.
AFTER THE PROPER PAPERWORK HAS BEEN TURNED INTO THE OFFICE, please sign up online for your child’s kindergarten screening appointment at http://bit.ly/ACScreening.
Please contact the elementary office at 260-692-6629 if you have questions or concerns.
IMPACT AMBASSADOR PROGRAM
MASKS on BUSES
DRESS FOR THE WEATHER
IREAD and ILEARN
IREAD TESTING will take place on the mornings of Tuesday, March 16, and Wednesday, March 17. It is imperative that students are at school during this time.
Barring any unforeseen events, our ILEARN testing schedule for grades 3-5 will be as noted below. Please work to schedule all appointments outside of the April 20-May 14 window as students. All tests will take place first thing in the morning. Tests are untimed.
Testing is designed in two formats. The Computer Adaptive Test (CAT) is much like NWEA in which students choose an answer from a given set (multiple-choice, drop & drag, etc.). The Performance Task (PT) is an open-ended question and requires either a short-answer or essay response from the student.
- Practice tests will be held on April 5, 6, and 8.
- Wednesday, April 21: Math (CAT) Grades 3-5
- Thursday, April 22: Math (PT) Grades 3-5
- Monday, April 26: ELA (CAT) Grades 3-5
- Wednesday, April 28 ELA (PT Session 1) Grades 3-5
- Thursday, April 29: ELA (PT Session 2) Grades 3-5
- Tuesday, May 4: Science (CAT) Grade 4
- Wednesday, May 5 Social Studies (CAT) Grade 5
- Thursday: May 6: Science (PT) Grade 4
Headphones are required for a portion of the ILEARN test. Although headphones are sent at the start of the year, please talk with your child to see if his/her pair is still in working order.
VIRTUAL LEARNERS are required to test in person for both IREAD and ILEARN.
For IDOE guidance click here.
Please don't hesitate to contact your child's teacher or the office with questions regarding testing.
March 22-26: Spring Break (No School)
April 1: KDG Screening
*Fridays at AC Elementary are Jet Pride Fridays. Wear your AC colors or apparel.*