HOLY ROSARY SCHOOL
NEWSLETTER | TERM 2 | WEEK 6 | 2 JUNE 2023
Year Ones are travelling the world. After reading 'Mr Chicken All Over Australia', we decided to follow him to London, Paris and Rome!
Saint Paul gives us a basis for loving all others as Christ has loved us. Paul offers a theological and solid foundation for human dignity and human flourishing that is inherent, universal, and indestructible by any evaluation, whether it be race, religion, gender, nationality, class, education, or social position. We now believe the reason this one man enjoyed such immense success in such a short time is that he gave human dignity back to a world that had largely lost it. One more god in Greece and Asia Minor would have meant little, but when Paul told shamed populations they were temples of the divine, this made hearts burn with desire and hope.
Congratulations to Rose and the P&F on an outstanding evening of Bogan Bingo! The record numbers meant that the group had a wonderful time, enjoying one another's company. The footage I have seen shows that all who attended were in fine form!
Very best wishes to you for a very enjoyable long long weekend! Tuesday is scheduled as a student free day and our staff will be working alongside Mathematics guru Paul Swan, focusing on the best ways to continue to build our children’s capacity in Mental Maths. He is an outstanding educator, expert in his field and we look forward to learning a lot from him, all in the best interests of the children in our care.
See you on Wednesday.
- The numbers of children who have been away unwell continues to be about the same, peaking at 90 on one day this week. Thankfully we have had fewer staff away this week.
- We have had one confirmed case of Chicken Pox at school. We appreciate being informed of this. Parents and Guardians of children in that class have been notified directly. You can find a fact sheet below:
- Flu continues to stop children in their tracks, and no doubt other family members are feeling it too. In some cases children have been away for more than a week, such is the severity of the illness.
- We have also had some reports of gastro.
Thank you for keeping away from school if children are not well. We have had reports of absentee rates of 50% in some other schools. Because of your vigilance our absentee rate in a school of 514 is well below that.
We hope that your family is well enough to enjoy this extra long weekend together.
School Photos Special Groups
On the day of the school photos, special group images were captured, including Netball and Faction Captains. These exclusive photos can be viewed and purchased on a unique website specifically designated for this purpose. It is essential to note that this website differs from the platform used for ordering portraits and class photos online.
To place your order online, please follow these steps:
- Visit https://mspphotography.shootproof.com/
- Locate your school’s name and select the album titled: Holy Rosary School Specialist Groups - 2023
- Enter the password to access and purchase the album. The password is: HRSSG-23
- During the checkout process, kindly use your child’s name for identification purposes.
- The images displayed are in their uncropped format but will be appropriately cropped to fit a 10x8 print, as demonstrated by the first image in the gallery.
Key points to remember:
- Online orders will remain open until midnight on Thursday the 13th July, 2023, to take advantage of the Bulk Pricing Offer.
- The Bulk Pricing Offer allows each print to be priced at $25.00, and they will be delivered to the school by Class Group.
- After the expiration of the $25.00 pricing, photos will only be available for purchase over the phone at a cost of $40.00 per image, with delivery to a preferred address.
Should you have any queries or require further assistance, please feel free to contact MSP Photography at 9240 8000 or via email at mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
IAWCC Italian Festival 2023 results of Students' Competition (K-6)
Great news from the Italo-Australian Welfare and Cultural Centre (IAWAAC)
Our teacher of Italian, Regina Peccia encouraged our children to enter the IAWAAC Art Competition as part of their Italian Festival, and the results are outstanding! In their words:
‘On behalf of the ITALO-AUSTRALIAN WELFARE & CULTURAL CENTRE INC, we wish to congratulate the following students from your school who are the winners of their respective year levels in the IAWCC Italian Festival Primary School Students' Competition 2023 for students of Italian (K-6):
Pre-primary: Camilla P
Year 6: Irini A
Highly Commended Year 5: Hunter d
We also congratulate Sofia L (Pre-primary), Miguel P, Lotte D, Eve C and Ellah Mc (Year 5) who have been awarded a Merit Certificate for submitting an entry which reflects a very high standard of achievement, great personal effort and creativity.’
This week is for celebrations and relaxing. In library we practised mindfulness and put our worries into bubbles which we blew away. Year 5 Book Club had a party for their last meeting yesterday. I love to hear how much they enjoyed the book! Book Club group 2 will start this Thursday. Lunchtime yesterday was a super special time to thank and celebrate the amazing Library Monitors for their efforts at Book Fair. They raised over $2,000 worth of books, rewards and cash for our library! Thank you for all your hard work! Reorders are due to arrive today. I will drop the reordered books directly to your child as soon as they arrive, worst case Wednesday. I have 1 online payment still not accounted for – please do contact me next week if your child has not received their reorder.
Have a great long weekend.
“Maybe that's why superheroes wore capes. Maybe they weren't capes at all, but safety blankets, like the one Aru kept at the bottom of her bed and pulled up under her chin before she went to sleep. Maybe superheroes just tied their blankies around their necks so they'd have a little bit of comfort wherever they went. Because honestly? Saving the world was scary. No harm admitting that.”
― Roshani Chokshi, Aru Shah and the End of Time
Library Monitor Lunch
Thank you lunch for our Wonderful Year 6 Library Monitors. Such hard workers!
Year 5 Book Club
We finished the book at we loved it!
Our year 6 Christian Service group is collecting new or clean, preloved blankets and sleeping bags for our local Vinnies to distribute to those in need this winter. If you can help, please drop them off to the library by Friday 9th June, in a protective bag if possible. Thank you for your support.
PLEASE - I NEED MORE HELPERS - IF YOU ARE ABLE TO VOLUNTEER FOR A DAY OR TWO A TERM PLEASE LET ME KNOW... THE FORM IS BELOW.
- Five days a week during term time
- Vacation Care during school holidays.
- Available for children attending Kindy through to Year Six
Australian Girls Choir Open Day
Look no further than the Australian Girls Choir (AGC) because we encourage, challenge and inspire girls as they learn to sing, dance and perform. School aged girls are invited to come along to our June Open Day to try our fun and inclusive classes and learn more about being part of the AGC! Please visit our website to register to attend our free Open Day:
2023 Term Dates and Student Free Days
Term 2 Wednesday 26 April - Friday 30 June
Monday June 5 West Australia Day Public Holiday
Tuesday June 6
Monday July 17
Tuesday July 18
Term 3 - Wednesday 19 July - Friday 22 September
Term 4 - Monday 9 October - Friday 8 December