AJS Weekly Bison Tracks
November 27, 2020
- November 30 - Online learning begins for all students in grades 7 to 12
- November 30, 6:30 pm - School Council Meeting (Virtual)
- November 30 - December 13 - Scholastic Virtual Book Fair
- December 23 - January 5 - Winter Break
School Council Meeting (Virtual)
Ardrossan Jr. Sr. High will be hosting our regularly scheduled School Council meeting (Virtual) on Monday, November 30 at 6:30 p.m. Please RSVP to email@example.com by no later than Monday, November 30 at noon. A meeting link will be emailed out by 6:00 p.m. on Monday. We hope that you can join us.
Scholastic Virtual Book Fair
- Titles available for Grades K to 12.
- Every purchase earns Book Fair Rewards that can be used for resources to support our school.
- Orders can be delivered right to your school or home. Safe and Easy.
- FREE STANDARD SHIPPING on orders over $35 or if placed on Wednesday, December 2 from 6 to 8 pm.
To order books online, visit https://virtualbookfairs.scholastic.ca/pages/5153383.
Fee Waiver Deadline Extended
School and Transportation Fee Waiver Applications: Deadline extended
Elk Island Public Schools recognizes the global pandemic has put a strain on some families’ finances and available income can change quickly in the current situation. As such, the Division has extended the deadline for requesting a waiver of your 2020-21 school and transportation fees. If you encounter circumstances where you’re unable to pay your fees, you can apply to have fees waived by submitting an Application for a Waiver of Fees. Because of the pandemic, the new deadline is Feb. 15, 2021—if you’re new to EIPS, the deadline is the latter of Feb. 15, 2021, or 45 days after registration.
Each quarter—or trimester, as applicable—you’ll receive an email notification letting you know fees are posted on the PowerSchool Parent Portal. To access your fee information, go to “Student Fees” on PowerSchool. There you can view your fees and pay online using Visa, MasterCard or INTERAC Online—when available from your financial institution. All fees are due within 14 days of being posted.
NOTE: School Fees apply to in-school learners only.
Ardrossan Junior Senior High will close for the Christmas break at the end of the day on Tuesday, Dec. 22, 2020. The school will reopen on Wednesday, Jan. 6, 2021. During this time, if you have any school-related questions or concerns, contact Elk Island Public Schools (EIPS) Central Services at 780-464-3477.
EIPS Central Services Christmas Break Hours
- Closed December 23–25
- Open December 28–31; 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Closed January 1
- Open January 4–5; 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
*For location and contact information, visit www.eips.ca.
From everyone at Elk Island Public Schools, we wish all of you a happy holiday season and a wonderful New Year.
We Need YOU to Help Create the Yearbook
Calling ALL BISON students and families! This is a different year and we are going to create a unique yearbook filled with content provided by our entire community so we need your help. More than anything, capture CANDID moments and send them to us. Take photos of ANYTHING that happens in your home that connects back to our school, whether virtually or in-person.
If you have something to contribute, please click on the google form, answer a few short questions and submit your photos.
- Out-of-school Learning (google form) - What is your daily schedule? What does your workspace look like? Send us your selfies!
- COVID (google form) - What does your mask say about your personality? What has been the hardest thing to purchase during the pandemic?
- Holidays (google form) - Send us a selfie of you in your ugly Christmas sweater or any holiday setting.
We are excited to feature YOU in the yearbook. Thank you for helping us.
Jostens Class Rings Promotion
No Child Without: Free MedicAlert for students
In our ongoing effort to provide safe and caring schools for our students, Ardrossan Junior Senior High is registered in the Canadian MedicAlert Foundation’s No Child Without program. The program is a national initiative that provides no-cost MedicAlert services to children—between the ages four of 14 years—who have chronic health conditions. The goal is twofold: to help children with severe allergies, medical conditions or special needs and to assist schools with medical-emergency plans for students.
Once a child is registered, the school is provided with advice on a medical-emergency plan for that student and given a list of medications, allergies and medical conditions the student has. If your child has a serious medical condition or allergy and could benefit from MedicAlert services, contact the school office at 780-922-2228. To learn more about the No Child Without program, visit www.nochildwithout.ca.