NEDP DAILY BUZZ
NPS Nutrition Service Program Available
Beginning Friday, April 3, 2020 the Needham Public Schools Child Nutrition Services Program will distribute “grab and go” bags containing breakfast and lunch for any child or teen in need in Needham. These FREE meals-to-go will contain a variety of breakfast items including cereal, bagels, muffins, yogurt, fruit and milk. Lunches will include a variety of cold sandwiches, entrée salads, individual pizzas to heat up, fruits, vegetables and milk.
Meals will be available in a drive-through format on Tuesdays and Fridays between 11:00 – 1:00 at High Rock School. On each of those two days, a bag will be given for each child, which will contain breakfast and lunch meals for each day (including weekend days) until the next service day.
HOURS: 11:00AM - 1:00PM Tuesday & Friday
The distribution site will be High Rock School (77 Ferndale Ave):
See below for the directions to and instructions for the meal pick-up site at High Rock.
● Cars will enter the drive-through loop on Linden Street, and proceed to the meal distribution carts just beyond the first small parking lot.
● Bags will be distributed in a drive-through format; Residents will remain in their vehicles.
● If children can not be present at the meal pickup site, the parent / guardian or designee will need to give the student name/s to receive meals.
● In order to maintain appropriate social distancing, meals should not be consumed on site.
● Recipients DO NOT need to be qualified for free or reduced lunch. Any child or teen in need is eligible to receive the meals.
● Cars will continue through the loop and exit onto Sylvan Rd.
On Friday, each student meal bag will include:
● Friday Lunch
● Saturday, Sunday, and Monday Breakfasts & Lunches
● Tuesday Breakfast
On Tuesdays, each student meal bag will include:
● Tuesday Lunch
● Wednesday & Thursday Breakfasts and Lunches
● Friday Breakfast
If you have a hardship and are in need of more convenient hours for pick up, please contact Nutrition Services Director, Ruth Griffin, via email:
Ruth_griffin@needham.k12.ma.us or phone at: 781-455-0400 x11216
Tech Tom Tuesday Tomorrow!
Congratulations to the Porter family who won last week's print of Albert Einstein!