The Westside Wonder
Westside Parent Newsletter
February 1, 2021
Westside teachers will meet the needs of each individual in a student-centered classroom by:
Encouraging a growth mindset
Maintaining high expectations through a hands-on, engaging rigorous curriculum for ALL students
Providing a safe, positive, and loving environment
Creating independent thinkers
- It's very important that your child is on time to school each day! In the morning students are placed into groups based on areas for growth or enrichment. This is a valuable 40 minutes of instruction. Instruction begins at 7:40 and the tardy bell rings at 7:50. If you arrive past 7:50 please walk your child to the doors so you can sign them into the office.
- If you have any transportation changes, please make sure that you let Ms. Donna know by 2:40. This helps ensure that she has enough time to alert teachers of the change.
- Remember! The car rider line is a cell phone free zone!
- 3-5 parents, your child is provided with 3 masks by the district! We are noticing that some bus riders are forgetting to bring their masks each day! Please remind your child to bring a mask for bus riders!
- Parents will be able to come eat lunch with their child at our outdoor picnic area.
- Please head over to our website to sign up for E-Notes. This will allow you to receive the weekly parent newsletter by email.
- Your child may bring a water bottle to school and refill it our touch less water fountains.
Westside is Getting a Saferoom!
Blended Learning Day Information--February 15th
- No students or teachers will be on campus this day.
- Assignments will be posted Friday afternoon, February 12th for our Monday Blended Learning day.
- K-2nd grade will have 1 Literacy assignment and 1 Math assignment, along with a block assignment, which will depend on what block they go to on Monday.
- 3rd-5th grade will have 1 Literacy assignment, 1 Math assignment, and 1 Science assignment, along with a block assignment, which will depend on what block they go to on Monday.
- Assignments must be completed before returning to school on Tuesday, February 16th.
- Completion of assignments will determine attendance for Monday, February 15th.
Parent Teacher Conferences
Valentine's Day Parties
Valentines Day Parties will start at 2PM.
- Grades K-4 will be able to bring Valentines Boxes and pass out Valentines to their classmates.
- Students will sanitize before handing out their valentines and then will sanitize afterwards.
- 5th grade will make a Valentine Sack to use at school
- Prepackaged food will be brought by the students and will be handed out by the teacher.
Schedules and Lunch Times
February 8th-Progress reports go home
- February 9th-Virtual parent-teacher conferences 1:30-3:30/1:30 EARLY RELEASE
- February 11th-Virtual parent-teacher conferences 1:30-7:30/1:30 EARLY RELEASE
- February 15th- President's Day- Blended Learning Day
- March 1st-5th- ACT Aspire Interim III
- March 8th-12th- ACT Aspire Interim III Makeup
- March 22- 26- Spring Break
Panther Cuisine Meal Program
The Panther Cuisine Meal program is a breakfast and lunch meal pick up program for Greenbrier students who are taking online classes through Greenbrier Academy or who have been quarantined through COVID-19. This curbside meal pick up service will be provided once per week at the Junior High Cafeteria on Thursdays from 10:00 am - 12:00 pm (Noon) in a drive-through format, with each student receiving five breakfasts and five lunches. Parents/Guardians may pick up meals without their children present. Panther Cuisine meals meet and follow guidelines per USDA regulations. Menus are subject to change based on availability. This program is free to Greenbrier students.
The following form must be completed by MONDAY at 12:00 pm (Noon) each week to request the total number of meals needed.
If you have any questions or concerns about any Child Nutrition Services, please don't hesitate to reach out to Sara Long, Child Nutrition Director at 501-679-8214 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Attention 5th Grade Parents
If your child is interested in band when they go to middle school, please check out the links and information provided.
Topic: 5th grade parents (band information meeting)
Time: Feb 2, 2021 06:00 PM Central Time (US and Canada)
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 913 3270 2661
A Note from Nurse Gina
District Point of Contact
WOW!! What an amazing week we had for Kindness Week. Our students at Westside are the best! The acts of Kindness shown were so evident in our building this week. Mrs. Page is so proud of these kiddos and their big hearts!
As always, if you need anything please do not hesitate to reach out!
Word of the Month
Subs are Needed!
Assistant Principal: Caroline Baker
Counselor: Cassie Page
Secretary: Donna Bradke