- Authored the original Declaration of Independence
- While serving on the secret Committee of Five
- Jefferson studied horticulture in a way that had never been done before in America.
- He farmed and was a naturalist.
- Manage foreign affairs during the Napoleonic Wars, most notably the Chesapeake Affair.
- The Embargo Act
- Made taxes worse
- Fight against Slavery
- The enforcement of the non-intercourse act.
- Attempt to follow the constitution.
- Trying not to overstep the boundaries set before him.
- The burning of Washington D.C.
- The 20 yr. charter of the first BUS that was scheduled to expire in 1811.
- Blocking the bank and waiting for its charter to expire.
The Monroe doctrine
The diversity of his cabinet
The acquisition of Florida.
Panic of 1819
- Lack of progress in domestic affairs.