December 9, 2020
January 22 - PTA Family Bingo Night 6:00-7:00
Information and Reminders
- Our next materials pick up/drop off is scheduled for the week of December 14-18. Teachers will be in touch with more specific information and a sign-up but the general schedule is as follows: December 14 & 15 - Kindergarten and 1st grade, December 16 & 17 2nd, 3rd, and 4th grades, December 18 5th grade and specials (if necessary). Pick up times will be from 8:30-10:30 and 2:00-4:00.
- Some parents have reached out to ask about dropping off holiday gifts for staff members. You can use the materials drop off/pick up times opportunity to do this if you wish. Otherwise, please contact Terry in the office to arrange for a drop off.
- Please remind your students that Alexa (and any other home devices) should not be helping with school work!
- Teachers are working on proper Zoom etiquette with their students. There are expectations for attire, attendance, behavior, and respect as we learn virtually together. We do realize there are going to be some interruptions, as there would be in the classroom, but we are asking students to be respectful, prepared and engaged throughout the day. Thank you for your help with this!
- Attendance is taken at 8:45 and again around 1:00 each day! Please be sure your child is logging in and staying logged in for the duration of the meeting. The expectation is that all students are present and engaged, just as if they were in the building with us.
- KES specials teachers (STEAM, art, music, gym and library) have some content specific, fun activities to offer our students during the 2:45-3:45 hour on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays. Please have your child check the Google Classroom for details and join the fun!
From our Guidance Department...
The Hornets' Nest
The Kirtland PTA is running a Holiday Coloring Contest this week! Any Kirtland student can participate by coloring the festive page attached (created by our wonderful board member Nicole Bruckman). Students may submit a picture of their coloring page by this Saturday 12/12 using this Google link: https://forms.gle/nxm9FX77Rjac29H78
** Three lucky students will win a prize!!
Also, Save-the Date for our next PTA meeting on January 12 @ 7pm via Zoom. There will be a special presentation at the end of our meeting by Kirtland parent and board certified psychologist, Dr. Amy Sullivan: "Managing Stress and Anxiety through a Wellbeing Approach". It is sure to be a very informative and relevant topic for all! See the attached flyer for more details.