Tays JH Update #7
May 18, 2016
A Word from Dr. Mitzner
Here are some important things to note this week:
1) Website is working correctly now. It even has our logo on it! http://www.katyisd.org/campus/tjh/Pages/default.aspx
2) Our feeder schools (OTHS, OKE, WCJH, SLJH) have supported the launching of the TJH PTSA by contributing a total of $5,700 for our start up. Thank you for your generosity.
3) More details will be coming about these events but I wanted you to have them so that you can make sure that they are on your calendar!
- Thursday, August 11th - T3: Titan Tactical Training for incoming sixth graders (6th grade orientation) There will be two sessions that you can sign up for morning 9:00 - 11:00 or afternoon 1:00 - 3:00. Specific details and sign ups will be sent out. This is just for your calendar planning purposes.
- Friday, August 12th - Community Open House 5:00 - 8:00pm We will have food trucks, spiritwear, inflatables, entertainment and a scavenger hunt in the building so that you can see our school.
- Friday, August 19th - Schedule pick up for all grade levels. We will have specific times once they are finalized.
I hope that by sharing with you some of these dates it helps your back to school planning for your family. It is my hope to create a school that is full of #titanpride!
TJH Communication News
Stay up to date on all of the latest news from Tays Junior High! To subscribe to our communications, go to www.katyisd.org and in the lower right corner, select Katy ISD Updates - Click to subscribe to other district/campus notifications. Complete the form with your personal information and be sure to select Tays Junior High. We look forward to keeping in touch with you!
TJH Yearbook Sales
The 2016-2017 Tays Junior High Yearbooks are ON SALE! Now through August, our inaugural yearbook can be preordered online at www.balfour.com, at an early-bird price! Prices will increase as the year progresses. Order your inaugural TJH yearbook now!
Need to drop off a physical form for athletics?
TJH Athletes (7th and 8th grade)
We are pleased to invite athletes to attend the Tompkins Strength and Conditioning Camp. This is an excellent way to keep your athlete in shape over the summer and ready for the upcoming athletics offerings at Tays Junior High. Please click on the link below for information and registration for this camp. All students wishing to participate in athletics (Grades 7-8) will need to have a physical on file. We recommend that you have a physical from your family doctor, but if you are in need of one please click on the link below for information on when physicals are available for a nominal fee.
http://www.katyisd.org/campus/tjh/athletics/Documents/Tompkins%20Strength%20and%20Conditioning%20Camp%202016.pdf – Strength and Conditioning Camp
TJH School Supplies sold by Tays PTSA
Tays Junior High PTSA will be selling school supplies for the 2016-17 school year. As soon as we have finalized the details, information on how to order will be sent out electronically through our Tays Junior High newsletter and through our feeder schools. School supplies will be available to order online only through EPI. We are working as quickly as we can to get this finalized and in your hands. Thank you for your patience. (We are able to collect money for school supplies when we have our official charter from the Texas PTA).