Welcome New Stylist
Welcome to Stella & Dot!
I couldn't be more excited to welcome you to our team!
By now you have signed up as a new stylist, named your website and you likely have a long wishlist of must have accessories. My goal is to help you stay on course and work towards your goals and define your success. Make sure to read through all the sections in this newsletter and work with me or your sponsor to help you get started. We are so excited to be your business partners!
JOIN US ON FACEBOOK
2. Join our regional Canada facebook page. This is where your fellow Canadian stylists go to cheer each other on, win prizes, ask questions, and share kudos.
3. Join our big team facebook page. My upline director, which is also your upline Director, is Stacy Williams out of British Columbia. That team name is Glitteratti and this facebook group is a way to connect with the rest of the girls on our team. Just because we're far away, doesn't mean we can't be part of the action.
NEW STYLIST TRAINING
Click this link to get started: http://sdu.stelladot.com/content/new-stylist-training (You must be signed into the lounge to access this section).
LOOKING FOR ANSWERS?
Many of the answers you’re searching for are in the lounge already. You can find most everything you need there. Try these steps first...
1. Check out the STYLIST SUPPORT button in the lounge or log in to the Stylist Lounge, then click this link for all the 411 >> http://lounge.stelladot.com/content/stylist-support
2. Navigate to the TRAINING tab on the main page of the lounge. This brings you to Stella & Dot University. At the top right of the page is a search function. Use that to find the answers & documents you're looking for.
Please try to find the answers yourself first by searching the lounge or your handy stylist magazine. If you still can't find the answer, then feel free to ask your sponsor, ask on any of the facebook groups, or chat in with Customer Service.
YOU'RE OPEN FOR BUSINESS! Now what!?
- Check out the links in Stylist Lounge under the MY BUSINESS tab. Then navigate to MARKETING MATERIALS. There is so much to be found by looking through each section. Words to Say, email templates to send out, images, facebook posts, etc.
- LABEL EVERYTHING with your Personal Website (PWS).
- Update your email signatures and social media accounts to show that you are open for business.
- Create a "Who Do You Know List" and include everyone. They are all going to fit into your business as a Stylist, Hostess, Client or Referral Partner.
- Stella & Dot University- Self teach. Watch the videos in the NEW STYLIST training area and master the "Words to Say" while making them your own.
- Send out an "I'M OPEN" email to everyone you know. Example...
Feel free to use this for inspiration but put your own spin on it! Make sure you personalize it to your own voice, and to the person you're sending it to. Personalization is key!
I'm excited to tell you about my new business venture! I decided it was time to do something FUN and just for me! I've always had a passion for design and style, and now I can't wait to share it with all of you.
I've signed up to be a stylist Stella & Dot, a vintage-inspired boutique style jewellery & accessories line. What I love most about representing Stella & Dot line is that people absolutely adore the jewelry. I also love that I get to work with people like you and that a Stella & Dot Trunk Show is so much fun, and simple, too. It's wonderful to see women taking well-deserved time to indulge in a little style and friendship, two of my favorite things!
You may have seen us featured in InStyle, Lucky, People, & Vogue. Our Spring 2013 Collection launched earlier this month featuring tons of amazing, colourful items perfect for the warmer weather in the near future as well as pieces you can take with you on vacation. Plus tons of new items under $50! Click here to see the new Spring 2013 Catalogue >> http://shop.stelladot.com/style/b2c_en_ca/lookbook/spring-2013-look-book.html
I would love to help you host a Stella & Dot Trunk Show with your girlfriends. I know what you're thinking and it is nothing like your typical "home party". There's no boring presentation, no pressure to shop but most of all, it’s a great way to share a glass of wine and a laugh, while playing dress up with the jewelry. As a Hostess, you'll earn free jewelry and accessories (the average is $250) and can shop at ½ off. I'd also really love to help make holiday shopping easy for you and your friends this year so if you're interested in having a few ladies over to shop from the comfort of your home instead of a crowded, chaotic mall, let me know and we can pick a date. It's as easy as a box of crackers, a brick of cheese and a bottle of wine - I do the rest! I know you love the jewellery so this is the perfect way to get tons of stuff for free and half off (maybe even pay for some Christmas gifts with your hostess rewards). Plus, you'd be helping me in getting my business off the ground by hosting a trunk show.
I would love to touch base next week at some point. If I don't hear back from you in a couple of days, I'll give you a shout next week :)
JUMPSTART - MAXIMIZE YOUR FIRST 60 DAYS!
- For every 2 trunk shows, you'll get $150 in free product credit. If those 2 trunk shows are held within your first 30 days, you'll get an additional $150 in free product credit, for a total of $300. For every 2 trunk shows after that within your first 60 days, you'll continue to get $150 in product credit.
- Ask a friend to join you - for every stylist you sponsor during your jumpstart who goes on to earn her own $150 in her jumpstart, you'll get $300 in product credit for an UNLIMITED number of stylists!
- When you book and hold 4 trunk shows and sponsor 1 new stylist in your jumpstart, you'll receive the Circle of Success bonus which is $400 in product credit, plus a Circle of Success bracelet!
*Trunk shows must be jumpstart eligible, which is defined as $300 in retail sales (before tax & shipping), 4 unique orders, and a unique hostess.
BOOKING TRUNK SHOWS
HINT: Once you have booked your trunk show, use the trunk show planner and checklists to keep track of each step as you go along. If you expand by pressing the + sign, you will get even more great tips with templates and words to say to make hostess coaching a breeze.
COLLECT NOs - to get a YES!
ie. "Oh, no worries! I know you're totally busy but I just thought you'd make the perfect hostess so I wanted to give you the opportunity. If you ever change your mind, let me know. And if you know anyone else that would make a great hostess, feel free to give them my email. I'll give you a sparkly gift for the referral!" See? Not icky at all!!
TOP TIPS FOR NEW STYLISTS
2. Make a written "Who do you know list" and keep it with you at all times.
3. Schedule a weekly 15 minute mentor call or engage in email/texting with your sponsor weekly for the first 4 weeks.
4. Build a pacing partner relationship with another new stylist. Ask me about this.
5. Update your business tools. Business cards, Social Media, Email Signature.
6. Send out an "I'm Opening/Grand Opening/Update email".
7. Self teach at Stella & Dot University in Stylist Lounge. During your first week, you should go through the NEW STYLIST TRAINING and learn how to navigate the Stylist Lounge.
8. Visit Stylist Lounge Daily for all the latest updates (takes about 5 minutes or less a day).
9. Visit our team facebook page often. Post, share, respond. This is your board room.
10. Go to local Stella & Dot Meetings and Team Meetings. We're pretty fun so come for the training, stay for the socializing.
11. Participate in Tips from the Top Call on Tuesdays, home office hosted. Can't make it to listen live? These calls are recorded and available to listen to any time. You can find all the recordings in SDU. Go to the TRAINING tab in the lounge, navigate to TRAINING CALLS, then scroll down below the calender and listen to the calls for whatever topic you need help with. Each time you click a topic, you need to scroll down below the calender to find the new selections available.
12. Participate in Home Office lead training. Every week there are tons of Home Office lead training calls and workshops. Listening in and participating in these workshops is so HELPFUL! I participate often. Plus, they do challenges where you can win product credit!!
13. Understand the compensation program along with policies & procedures manuals.
14. Smile and have fun spreading style while you wear adorable accessories!
15. Feel free to reach out to me or your sponsor (sponsor first) if you need anything. We're here for you :)
Want more info about any of the above, ask me or your sponsor for more details!
YOUR GROUP HELLO
As guests arrive, I welcome everyone with introductions and ask how they know our hostess. It is important to let them know that you'll share some Stella info as everyone arrives within the next 30 minutes. Watch the youtube video below of Tysh Mefford. And also watch the Group Hello in SDU. You must be logged into the lounge for the link to work.
Try to incorporate 2-3 current trends or versatility into your group hello.
LOANER KIT OF JEWELS FOR YOUR FIRST 4 SHOWS
By adding your name to the loaner kit document on our team facebook page, thereby reserving the kit, you agree that all jewelry is the responsibility of the person who has borrowed it last (YOU). If a piece of jewelry is broken, damaged or lost while in possession of the borrower, it will need to be replaced immediately. It is the borrower’s responsibility to check the jewelry BEFORE they leave with it. This jewelry is how we run our business. Without this product our business doesn’t work. Please be respectful of what you have borrowed and treat it the way it should be treated.
• Jewelry is lent to a new stylist for the 4 shows with the understanding that the stylist will reinvest her profits from her shows into her own display.
• All jewelry will be returned in the corresponding pocket as indicated on the label.
• All necklaces must be returned untangled. The best way to untangle delicate necklaces is with a pair of tweezers.
• All earrings must be returned with the backs on them.
• The loaner kit must be returned no later than than 72 hours from when it was checked out.
• If another stylist needs it for a trunk show, you will need to return the loaner kit on timer for her to check it out.
To reserve the loaner kit, add your name/date to the end of the document on our facebook page. Remember, the loaner kit can not be kept for more than 72 hours and will need to be returned immediately if someone has reserved it before the 72 hours is up.