Village Academy Town Crier
December & New Years Edition
Important Dates for December and January
- Secondary Exam Week (Dec 14th-18th) See flier & email
- Winter Holiday (Dec 21st- Jan 1st)
- Jan 4th - Teacher Work Day Secondary; Elem In-Service Day (no students)
- Reminder: All assignments and grades must be tied to a standard and must be an academically approriate task. You may not assign a grade for a non-academic task (i.e. progress reports, supplies, etc...)
- If you wish to assign extra credit to students who have brought a progress report or supplies you must make the possible points zero in GradeQuick and then assign a value to those who have brought the signed report. For those that did not you must leave an asterisk so it is not calculated into the grade.
- Next LTM's will be built around examining data, creatng action plans, small group planning and adjustments to instruction.
- Tutorial information is soon to come!
- Expect invitations for Teacher Data Chats with Admin to review Winter Diag results. Please bring plans for student grouping and secondary benchmarks.
Holiday Concert with Chorus & Band
Thursday, Dec. 10th, 5:30pm
400 Southwest 12th Avenue
Delray Beach, FL
RSVPs are enabled for this event.
1. Please make sure your door is locked at all times.
2. If you see a door propped open please remove the object that is preventing the door from locking.
3. If you notice a lock is broken please email Ms. Roy with the location and description of what is broken so a work order can be submitted.
Window coverings for your classroom doors are being created and laminated by office aides starting 12/8/15. If you do not have a window covering you will receive one.
You're Invited to a Play! "The Weight of Words" Antibullying District Initiative
Here is the play "The Weight of Words", a musical designed to stop bullying. The play will be performed by Shannon Solis' AVID students. The performances will be presented to Village Academy students on the following dates:
January 22, 2015 (Middle School)
Friday, January 29, 2015 (High School).
Mark your calendars!