Extra! Extra! Read All About Us!
What's happening in Room 6?
Race for Education
End of the School Year
- May 18th - Race for Education Rain Date
- May 19th - Final school store
- May 25th - SHARK assembly, First Grade performs for whole school
- May 27th - Field Day
- June 3rd - Sharks and Shades event
- June 7th - Fun in the Sun with our Reading Buddies
- June 10th - Talent Show
- June 14th - Awards Assembly, early dismissal at 12:45 pm LAST DAY OF SCHOOL
As you can see, we will be very busy! :)
Reading & Writing
This week's story is called Peter's Chair by Ezra Jack Keats. It is one of my favorite stories! In the story, the little boy is having a difficult time adjusting to his little sister. It's a great way to review text-to-self connections. We will talk about the pros and cons of having siblings and how that relates to the story. We will also review theme this week. I also plan on sneaking in a few more Ezra Jack Keats books. :)
This week, we are continuing to work on our Southern Ranch stories. We are diligently working on a good plot and adding dialogue. We will create cowboys and cowgirls to hold our Southern Ranch stories.