Congratulations Seniors: Senior Fundraising Winners
1 Free Prom Ticket- Ryan Mills, Harmonie Graybeal, Dylan Jacobs, Vernon Bullock, Abbie Pruisner, Alexis Dominguez, Catalina Ruiz, Wade McCrory, Sean Lasker, Stephanie Dark, Abby Doyle, Gracie Hutchins, Makynley Irwin, Jallen Sullivan, Brady McLean, Taylor Endsley, Addison Reyna, Dylan Jacobs, Vegas Jankowski.
2 Free Prom Tickets- Carson Hallack, Ashley Bryan, Kaedy Cook.
2 Free Prom Tickets & Cap and Gown- Mallory Bradley, Charity Wood.
Student Council is collecting Angel Gifts for Harvest House
Cameras, earbuds, fishing equipment, jewelry (girls and boys), make-up, mp3 players, skateboards, volleyballs, board games; Apples to Apples,Pictionary,Taboo, curling irons, hair dryers, hair accessories, headphones, music speakers, purses, radio/CDplayers, wallets, cologne/body spray, gift cards: Bath&Body works, Game Stop, Half Price Books, Target, Walmart, Ulta.
We have tags anyone may pick up - they will be hanging by the front office this week.
All items must be new and turned in by December 2nd to room 114/110.
Harvest House could also use donations of new stuffed animals.
3D Printing Now at the Elk Library
Thank you from the BHS Key Club
Need to purchase your Senior Ad or yearbook? Click the button and you will be redirected to our BHS Balfour site.
College & Career Ready Elks
- 12/3/19 TSI Testing at BHS Sign-up here
- 1/23/19 Parent and Student meeting for Juniors
- 1/30/19 TSI Testing at BHS Sign-up here
- FAFSA Mobile App - The 2020-2021 FAFSA form is live as of October 1! To promote a fully integrated customer experience, the fafsa.gov website has been synchronized with the myStudentAid mobile app's myFAFSA component, allowing customers to switch easily between the online FAFSA form and the myStudentAid mobile app, picking up where they left off in the other platforms.
- Six Things to do After Completing FAFSA
- Six Things to do After Completing FAFSA in Spanish
- $500 Mark Jameson Allstate Scholar Athlete of the Month
- Weisinger Law Firm Deadline: May 31
- $2,000 Schoolhouse Connection Youth Scholarship Program Deadline: Nov 10
- Additional Scholarships
Scholarship For Freshmen: The Texas Match the Promise Foundation
The Texas Comptroller’s Office release information about matching funds for grade five through grade nine students who are beneficiaries of a Texas Tuition Promise Fund account. Find more information here.
- Complete FAFSA
- Send SAT/ACT to colleges
- Apply to at least 3 colleges (most deadlines are before Thanksgiving)
- Send transcripts to colleges (link here)
- Begin applying for Scholarships (ideally, 4-5 per week)
- Sign up to take SAT/ACT in fall 2019 or spring 2020
- Take SAT/ACT again over summer and/or Aug./Sept. of senior year
- Identify at least 5 colleges where you’d want to apply and figure out admission requirements
DUAL CREDIT FUNDRAISER
Hill College will have a JumpStart 5K Fun Run & Walk to raise awareness of the community-led scholarship fund for dual credit. The event is November 23. More information and a downloadable flyer are available here.
REGISTER FOR SPRING COURSES
Students, make sure you register for the spring semester of your dual credit class!
National Honor Society
UPCOMING MANDATORY DATES
12/4/19 December Meeting at 8:15 in the BHS Library
2/5/20 February Meeting at 8:15 in the BHS Library
3/4/20 March Meeting at 8:15 in the BHS Library
4/1/20 April Meeting at 8:15 in the BHS Library
- 4/14/20 NHS Induction
Want to stay up-to-date on all #Elk Family events? Click the button to be redirected to the Burleson High School Calendar.