Mrs. James' Kindergarten News
September 4, 2015
Another Wonderful Week in Kindergarten!
2. Reading logs went home this week as well! They are due at the end of the month. The goal is for your child to read or listen to at least one book per night for 10 minutes with you or a family member. Reading books aloud to children help them to develop concepts of print, a sense of story, creativity, and rhythm and flow of language.
3. Our first Show-And-Tell was today. Show-And-Tell will be every Friday. Next week in ELA, we will be talking and writing about our feelings. Please have your child bring in something that makes them feel happy.
4. Our class pet, Benny the Elephant, went home with one lucky classmate today! He will be going home with a student (at random) every Friday!
5. I still do not have all signed syllabus and handbook forms. Please sign and return these forms as soon as possible.
6. Some parents have expressed interest in sharing their emails with other parents from our class in order to stay in touch and share helpful information. If you would like to include and share your e-mail with parents from our class please send me an e-mail, by next week, stating your permission. I will then create a class e-mail list and send it out. Thank you!
Starting this month I would love to have some mystery readers visit our class! It could be someone in your family; a sibling, grandparent, parent etc. It would be wonderful to have all parents/families take part of this program during the year. Please limit your visits to once a month so that other families can have an opportunity to be a reader. And lastly, please keep your visit a secret from your child! Thank you so much! You can sign up with this link: http://www.signupgenius.com/go/30e0d48aaac23a7fb6-mystery
Change of Clothes
Classroom Donations Needed
Get Connected with the Homeroom App!
What's Coming Up?
Tuesday, September 8- HW Packet Due
Wednesday- September 9- Summer Reading Dress Down Day (Your child will be informed if they are allowed to dress down)
Thursday, September 10 - Picture Day! All students wear their RED uniform shirts.
Sunday, September 13- National Grandparents Day