The General's Update
Your guide to DDE events & announcements: 3/31/2019
These “Egyptians” are bartering at the marketplace in an effort to secure the goods they need.
Music Exploration students are learning to play melodies on keyboard instruments.
Middle school students love to be read to as well!
- High Technology High School and Brookdale Community College are teaming up to hold cypHER, a coding outreach event for middle school girls on May 4th from 9:00am-4:00pm. Students will learn to code while having fun, developing teamwork skills, and practicing problem solving. Experienced mentors will teach the classes and help participants with their projects. Registration is open at hthscypher.com until April 16th. Further questions can be emailed to email@example.com. Please see the flyer for more information: http://bit.ly/2CEAHh0
- The Freehold Regional High School District’s Law Enforcement and Public Safety Magnet Program is hosting an interactive program on May 22nd from 4:00pm-5:30pm. The program is open to current in-district 5th-7th grade students who are interested in applying for LEPS in the fall of 2019. The goal of the afternoon is to highlight the experiential opportunities within the LEPS Program. The demonstrations will be led by students, alumni, teachers, and community members. Please see the flyer for more information: http://bit.ly/2UUoWKD
First Annual Career Day
- Please join us for our next PTO meeting on Wednesday, April 3, 2019 @ 6:30pm. At this meeting, we will be accepting nominations for new officers, as several of our current board members have graduating 8th graders.
- We are still in need of bagel sale volunteers! If you are able to help out, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Whenever you shop on Amazon, please use this link to go through AmazonSmile. A portion of each eligible sale will go to the Eisenhower Middle School PTO! Happy Shopping, Generals! https://smile.amazon.com/ch/22-2634420
Important Information for 8th Grade Families
- Optional 8th Grade Graduation photos will be taken on Wednesday, April 10th and Thursday, April 11th from 4:00pm until 8:00pm in the STEAM Center. No appointments; just show up when it's convenient for you. Gowns will be provided. Picture forms were sent home with students.
- If you have not done so already, please contact Jostens to pay for your child's 8th grade graduation gown. Instructions may be found here: http://bit.ly/2M9k7tn
- Please note: If your child qualifies for free/reduced lunch, please refer to the email you received.
Buy a Yearbook Today!
Mark Your Calendar
- Friday, April 5, 2019: Old Monmouth Easter/Spring Candy Fundraiser orders due
- Wednesday, April 10 and Thursday, April 11, 2019: Optional 8th Grade Graduation photos from 4:00pm-8:00pm in the STEAM Center
- Tuesday, April 16, 2019: Old Monmouth Easter/Spring Candy Fundraiser order pickup from 2:30pm-4:30pm in the DDE lobby
- Wednesday, April 17, 2019: Open Mic Night @ 6:00pm in the STEAM Center
- Tuesday, April 30, 2019-Thursday, May 9, 2019: NJSLA Testing