Fall Newsletter 2015
SAT & PSAT Exams
- The SAT and other College Board tests are offered several times a year.
- Most students take the SAT for the first time during the spring of the junior year and then again during the fall of their senior year.
- Check out the upcoming SAT exam dates and registration deadlines at https://collegereadiness.collegeboard.org/sat/register/dates-deadlines
- The Guidance office will be facilitating the PSAT Exam on Wednesday, October 14th. Please see Mr. Pellettier to sign up. There is a $14.00 exam fee which needs to be paid on or before the day of the exam.
College and Career Information
Please check out our website for more helpful information, links and guides.
Mr. Pellettier is available for parent and student planning meetings. Please call him or Mrs. Aplin to set up an appointment as soon as possible.
Red Ribbon Week
The last week in October is Red Ribbon Week, a drug, alcohol and tobacco prevention and awareness effort. The guidance department is hosting many activities to raise awareness including classroom prevention lessons, a special assembly and Dress Days.
Dress Up Days October 26th-October 29th
- Monday - Team up Against Drugs (wear your favorite sports team t-shirt)
- Tuesday - Sock it to Drugs (wear your craziest socks)
- Wednesday - Be a Hero, Be Drug Free (wear a superhero t-shirt)
- Thursday - Peace Out to Drugs (wear a tie dye or peace signs)
The KC Club is back!
- What is it?
- What will we do?
- Not in CROP, but want to help?
- Want to get the whole family involved?
October's K-6 Guidance Lessons:
Decision Making Skills:
1. Stop and think, define the problem
2. Weigh the pros and cons, consider the positive and negative consequences
3. Make your decision then reflect, how did it go?
October is National Bullying Prevention Month
Check out www.pacer.org for amazing resources and information for parents, children and teens.
WAJ and Hunter Tannersville Financial Aid Informational Night
- Thursday, November 12th
- At Hunter Tannersville School
- From 5:30-7:00
- A presentation by Columbia-Greene Community College Financial Aid Officer. Information about the ins and outs of filling out the FAFSA.