Cheat sheet/Study Guide
- Green Revolution: increase in food production
- Stateless Nation: has everything but there own country
- Population Density: measuring of population by unit area
- Plate Tectonics: crustal plates that make up the crust
- Transboundary Pollution: pollution that originates from one country and affects another
- Outsourcing: send away company work to be done by another company
- Subsistence Farming: provides enough food for family but not for market/sale
- Commercial Farming: farming for profit
- Cultural Assmilation: language/culture resembles another group of people
- Cultural Hearth: an area where ideas spread worldwide
- Cultural Diffusion: spread of cultural beliefs and social activities from one group to another
- Urbanization: rural to urban areas
- Globalization: tendency of business, technologies, and philosophies
Type of government:
- Theocratic- religious government, God is the ruler/leader
- Democratic- power of people through elected represenatives
- Totalitarian- centralized control by and autocratic authority
- Monarchy- ruling monarch makes desicions on there own
- Mixed- mixture of privately, and publicly owned businesses
- Command- completely controlled by the central government
- Market- allows total freedom with business owners to set prices, create products, and fail or succeed on there own.
- Traditional- government provides most important public services and permits private ownership of some buisnesses.
- Wealthier/Developed- population mostly in service, good GDP, etc...
- Less Developed- poor health, high birth/death rates, high population growth, etc...
- Primary- agricultures, fishing, etc...
- Tertiary- a separate party that eventually produces products for a third party
- Quaternary- a further delineation of 3 sector sector hypothesis
Stuff to know
- Huge migration shift in America was called manifest destiny, they moved west
- (NAFTA)&(E.U.) were formed to encourage trade between neighboring countries
- Innovations that led to sea travel were boats and planes
- To slow down climate change people's are reducing the use of chemicals and letting out pollution
- Immigrants add there own societable views to a diverse country
- The green revolution increased agricultural production world wide
- The arrival of the conquistadors in the 16 th century event had the greatest impact on Mexico
- The Colombian exchange led to the introduction of new foods in Westerns Europe
- The U.S acquired peace treaties on their northern and southern borders
- If a map question appears look at the key,and the country, and the captions. It will help you answer more accurately.
- Muslims- Sunni & Shia
- Africa Nelson Mandela fought for freedom
- Africa has a bad disease rate, and they can spread without control
- African food customs and Caribbean were influenced by the African slave trade.
- Africa is slowly developing.
- Israelis boarders have changed so much due to the Palestinian fights
- Women have little to no freedom in Islamic culture
- Saudi Arabia is such a. Bug deal world wide becuase of Mecca, and oil
- Mount Everest was created by the movement of tectonic plates that moved the Indian subcontinent up to Asia
- Monsoons are highly depended on by the people of Southeast Asia bapecuade it waters there crops
- Most Chinese cuties are located on the coast
- Be sure to locate everything on the maps and know where major landforms are