Twin Peaks Middle School
Weekly RAM Newsletter
From the desk of Principal Mills - Sunday, October 9th, 2022
Happy Sunday Ram Families!
I hope this newsletter finds you all well and enjoying the weekend! It was another busy and action-packed week at Twin Peaks - our Rams were studying the size of solar systems in 8th grade Science, editing and finalizing silent movies in video production, coding personal webpages in HTML in Gateways to Technology, and learning about the Feudal Structure in 7th grade Social Studies. Additionally, we had multiple clubs meeting at lunch and after school, October movie night tickets went on sale, and TPMS cross country runners were winning races all over PUSD! It was a great week to be a RAM!!
There is a lot going on the rest of October too! Please make sure to take a look at the UPCOMING EVENTS list below for the remainder of month, and make sure to review all of the information in this week's newsletter. Some highlights include:
- No Choir practice this week!
- PTA Reflections Art Contest - entries due Nov. 1st
- WEB Chipotle Fundraiser this Wednesday 10/12
- PUSD Parent Education Workshops available
- TPMS College & Career Fair on 11/16 - parents needed!
Please don't forget, WE HAVE 2 MINIMUM DAYS THIS WEEK!! Thursday, October 13th and Friday, October 14th are both MINIMUM DAYS and will have 12:35pm release times. The TPMS staff will be preparing for the upcoming parent-student-teacher conferences both afternoons, but the main office will remain open on both days until 4pm.
Looking for a volunteer opportunity? Painted Rock Elementary's Boo Bash is just around the corner!! They are looking for middle school, high school, and adult volunteers to help put on this ELECTRIFYING event!!! Please consider volunteering to help with setup, cleanup, or running a carnival booth. Booths that can only have adult volunteers are noted in the title. Please CLICK HERE to access their volunteer sign-up page, and be sure to check-in and check-out at the volunteer table before your shift!
Finally this week, although school meals are now free to all students under California’s new Universal Meals Program, the application for free and reduced-price meals is still very important. School funding depends in part on the number of students that qualify for free or reduced-price meals. With all students now eating for free, fewer families are completing the application and schools are at risk of losing funds. Household income information is confidential and applying online is quick and easy. Plus, students that qualify for free or reduced-price meals may also qualify for discounts on transportation, SAT and AP tests, home internet, and college application fees. You can apply online at MySchoolApps.com, or pick up a paper application in the school office.
Twin Peaks Middle School
TPMS NEWS AND EVENTS - bit.ly/tpmsevents
October 12th: Late start @9:50am
October 12th: WEB Fundraiser @ Chipotle
October 12th: School Site Council Meeting, Library 3:45pm
October 13th: Minimum Day, 12:35 dismissal
October 14th: Minimum Day, 12:35 dismissal
October 14th: Mt. Sac Cross Country Invitational, 8:30-5pm
October 18th: AVID Fundraiser @ Chipotle
October 18th: Joint Equity Council w/TBES, Zoom 4:30pm
October 18th: TPMS Foundation Meeting, Library 6pm
October 19th: Late start @9:50am
October 19th: Flag Football Game @ TPMS
October 20th: Flag Football Game @ TPMS
October 20th: PTSA Meeting, Library 6:15pm
October 21st: End of 1st Quarter
October 21st: Cross Country Meet @ TPMS
October 21st: October Movie in the Quad, 5:30-8:00pm
October 24th: Minimum Day, 12:35 dismissal, Conferences
October 25th: Minimum Day, 12:35 dismissal, Conferences
October 26th: Late start @9:50am
October 28th: Cross Country Meet @ MVMS
October 31st: Non-Student Day
October 31st: Report Cards available online
October 24th-28th: Red Ribbon Week
Hey Rams! Red Ribbon week is a yearly campaign that strives to keep kids drug-free. Since 1985 Red Ribbon week has been campaigning to help end drug use among youth. At TPMS, we will be celebrating Red Ribbon Week with Spirit Dress-Up Days! Here's the lineup for this year:
Monday, October 24th: Wear Red Day
Tuesday, October 25th: Say Peace Out to Drugs Day - Wear Tie-Dye/Flower Power
Wednesday, October 26th: Team Up Against Drugs - Wear sports clothes
Thursday, October 27th: Lei Off Drugs - Wear Hawaiian/Beach clothes
Friday, October 28th: Say Boo to Drugs - Wear Halloween Costumes
WEB Chipotle Fundraiser
National PTA Reflections Art Contest
The National PTA Reflections Art Contest will be accepting entries until November 1st for the 2022-2023 art competition. This year's theme is "Show Your Voice" and we encourage students to use this opportunity to show their voice through their visual art, photography, music composition, dance choreography, literature, or film production. Students may enter one entry per category. Look for more information to be sent out to parents via email and to students in their RAM classes next week.
Meet Your PUSD Parent Ambassador
ASES is Hiring!!
PUSD Parent Education Workshops
- Discover the Secrets of Talking and Listening with your Teen - 6th-12th Grade via Zoom
- Gender Identity and Expression Part 1 - All Grades In Person
- Gender Identity and Expression Part 2 - All Grades In Person
- Nurturing Sexual Intelligence in Our Children - All Grades In Person
- Help Your Children Manage Stress and Anxiety - TK-5th Grade In Person
- Teen Positive Parenting Program - via Zoom FREE
- If you have a student who is late, absent or leaving early, the morning of, please call our Attendance Hotline (858) 668-2730.
- Be sure to leave your name, phone number, relationship and reason they are late/absent/leaving early.
- If your student is going to a medical appointment of any kind, please be sure to get a note from the Medical professional and have the student bring it to Attendance the next day.
PUSD Food & Nutrition Department Info
- If you have any additional questions, please contact the Food & Nutrition Department at (858) 668-2570.
- If you need to add credit to your student's meal account, please CLICK HERE!
TPMS College & Career Fair
If you or someone you know is in need of social/emotional support, reach out to a trusted adult and/or access one of these resources:
- Call 911 for immediate concerns
- National Suicide Prevention Line 800-273-TALK (8255)
- Text HOME to 741741 to reach a crisis counselor
- The Trevor Project 866-488-7386 (crisis intervention for LGBTQ youth)
- PUSD Safety Tipline 1-844-PUSD-TIP (1-844-787-3847) - See it, Hear it, Report it.
The PUSD tipline is monitored by local law enforcement. Please remember this tipline is for situations requiring immediate attention, including any type of physical threat of harm to self or others. CLICK HERE to find additional services related to behavioral health, crisis services, and substance abuse.
TPMS Yearbook Needs Your Photos
The yearbook staff invites students, staff, and parents to submit photos for the yearbook. If you have great photos of school, sport or class events, we’d like to see them.
Our photographers can’t be everywhere. Help us get as many photos as possible to create a terrific yearbook everyone will want to have.
The last day to submit your photos is: March 1, 2023
SUBMIT YOUR PHOTOS ONLINE
● Click on “Select My Images.”
● Browse to select the photo(s) you wish to upload.
● Enter information about the photo and provide contact information in case the staff needs additional information.
● Click “Upload Chosen Images.”
TPMS Yearbook Info
Yearbooks are available for $50. We sold out last year so get yours now!
Pay by card: Go to www.jostens.com or use the QR code
Pay by cash/check: Download the order form from our webpage
http://tpmsyearbook.weebly.com/ or pick up a form in the office. Return the form and cash or check to the school office.
Calling all proud families of 8th graders here at Twin Peaks! 8th Grade Recognition Ads are open and ready for purchase. Go to www.jostens.com and click on Recognition Ads to start the process of celebrating your 8th grader in this year’s yearbook! Deadline is January 27th so don’t delay!
Want more information about Yearbooks? Go to http://tpmsyearbook.weebly.com/
PTSA Meeting Dates for 2022-23
To join the PTSA for the 2022-23 school year, please CLICK HERE! All Executive Board meetings will be held on the 3rd Thursday of each month at 6:15pm in the TPMS Library unless listed otherwise.
- October 20th
- November 17th
- December 8th
- January 19th
- February 16th (Association Meeting @6:15pm; Board Meeting to follow)
- March 16th
- April 20th (Association Meeting @6:15pm; Board Meeting to follow)
- May 18th
- June 1st
TPMS Foundation Meeting Dates
The TPMS Foundation typically meets on the 3rd Tuesday of each month at 6pm in the TPMS Library. Please visit the TPMS Foundation Web Page by CLICKING HERE! Here are the upcoming monthly meetings for the 2022-23 school year:
- October 18th
- November 15th
- January 10th
- February 13th
- March 21st
- April 18th
- May 23rd