BHS Job Board
In need of a part time job? Check these out!
Last updated 8/29/23
Welcome to our Job Board!
Hello BHS Students & Families!
I will be updating this job board with employment and internship opportunities as they come my way.
Please send any questions about the job opportunities below directly to the point of contact listed in the job posting.
PARENTS- if you or your company are looking to employ HS students, please email email@example.com so we may advertise for you!
Don't forget, in order to work in NYS you must have a valid work permit if you are under 18. It's always a good idea to have a permit ready to go as you just never know when a job opportunity may come your way!
Working papers are divided into two age groups:
14-15 year-olds - Your work permit is blue.
16-17 year-olds – Your work permit is green. *The number of hours you are eligible to work increases.
What You Will Need
- Physical Fitness Certification - You will need to have had a doctor's exam within the last 12 months verifying you are physically fit for work. During the school year, the school nurse may complete this form if an updated health form is on file in her office. Otherwise, complete the top portion of the form and take it to your doctor’s office for a signature. The form can be pick up from a secretary in the Counseling Office or use the link below: http://www.p12.nysed.gov/sss/documents/AT-16fillable.pdf
- AT-17 Application - An application can also be pick up from a Counseling Office secretary. Fill out Part One only of the application and have your parent or guardian sign it. You can also use this link: http://www.p12.nysed.gov/sss/documents/AT17-FillableMay21.pdf
- Pick up work permit - When you have both forms signed, bring them to the Counseling Office to receive a work permit. Students are required to sign their permit in front of a school secretary who will check your identification in SchoolTool. No proof of identification is necessary if you are a registered student.
Remember - When you turn 16, you will need to upgrade your 14–15 year-old work permit (blue) to a 16–17 year-old work permit (green). **A new application and Physical Fitness Certification will be required. **
Additional Copies of Work Permits
If you need another work permit for a new job (same color permit for the same age), stop by the Counseling Office. A new work permit will be issued using the same permit number that was originally assigned, as your application is kept on file.
Questions: Contact Mrs. Ingle at 585-242-5000 x4526 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Earn High School credit for your work experience!
- Have a job?
- Hoping to get one soon?
- Will you be a junior or senior next year?
Join General Work Experience next year! You can start counting your work hours as of July 1 towards next school year. For every 150 hours of work you can earn 0.5 credits- up to 2 credits total! A great opportunity to showcase the work you are doing outside of school on your transcript!!
Schedule a time to chat with Mrs. Stern to learn more: https://calendly.com/courtney_stern/10-minute-student-meeting
Pittsford Painting and Home Improvements - posted 8/16
Starting wage of $15/hour
WHAT A GREAT WAY TO LEARN SOME NEW LIFE SKILLS about yard and home maintenance/improvements!!
Please contact Mark McCarthy at email@example.com or text (585) 354-7604
YMCA After School Care at FRES & CRPS - posted 7/26
Looking for a fun, rewarding job with great hours, competitive pay, and a free YMCA membership? The YMCA of Greater Rochester is hiring staff age 16+ to work at our after-school programs in local elementary schools, including Council Rock and French Road. Hours are Monday-Friday, 2:15-6pm for CRPS and 3:15-6pm for FRES (no nights/weekends). Hours, days, and locations are flexible. Starting pay is $15.45/hour. Come lead crafts, STEM activities, gym games, and be a role model for some amazing youth! Please email Taylor at firstname.lastname@example.org for more info or click here to apply.
**If hired, see your School Counselor. We can try to adjust your schedule to accommodate your hours!
Join the team at Rita's Italian Ice - posted 7/26
Hello There!!! We hope all is well reaching out to see if there are any students who would like to join our team and help us finish up the season!!
Ideally we are seeking for 2 juniors and 2 seniors!
Hourly is $15 an hour + tips.
Must commit till 10/01 (our last day of the season)
Must be available evenings during the weekday and weekends.
We would appreciate your help!
Link to apply https://www.ritasice.com/location/ritas-of-rochester-ny/
Volunteer Opportunity: Coding Instructor for Adults on the Spectrum 16+ Part Time - posted 8/29
**YOU CAN EARN INTERNSHIP CREDIT FOR THIS EXPERIENCE!
Company Information: (iCanCode Club in partnership with AutismUp Full Life Academy) iCanCode mission is to promote literacy in Computer Science through offering computer programming focused courses in both instructor-led and self-paced formats.
Facility Address / Location: 50 Science Parkway Rochester, NY 14620 (5 minutes from UOR campus)
Position Summary Looking to afford Brighton High School students the unique opportunity to teach Computer Programming for adults on the spectrum as part of lifelong skill development programs.
Job Title * Coding Instructor Start Date * August/September
The program will run after school hours and/or on Weekends and school holidays.
Need to arrive at least 15 minutes prior to class to prepare and assign lessons and stay at least 15 minutes after class to write student progress report notes.
Hours per Week * (flexible- based on applicant availability).
Desired Technical Experience- Ranked by Importance
· MIT Scratch
· Unity 3D
· C#, C
· 3D Modeling
· Visual Website Builder (Wix, Wordpress, ect)
· 3D Printing
Essential Job Functions
· Takes safety seriously, friendly, outgoing, confident, flexible, professional attitude, trustworthy, and energetic.
· Provide support and encouragement when students become frustrated/distracted
· Learn and teach Computer Science proprietary curriculum software
· Directly supervise up to 6 students per class.
· Inspire students to take on new projects using more advanced technologies
· Improve, challenge and suggest updates in existing learning content.
· Create, test, and deploy training environments
- Develop different teaching styles to keep materials interesting to motivate students
- Interface w/ AutismUp Staff during pickup (ex: student's progress, any breakthroughs, goals for next week).
- Ability to work in a team environment and ability to professionally and collaboratively interact with students, program director and other teachers.
- Previous teaching experience or other experience working with students, camps or in learning environments, ex: after school programs, tutoring centers, summer camps, etc.
- Ability to become a mentor and build learning relationships with students and provide encouragement
- Desire to learn new coding languages/platforms