What’s happening in the Counseling Office?
Lots of exciting things will be happening during the month of April! Here's a snapshot of what's going on:
- All course requests will be finalized in Student VUE by Friday, April 20. All course requests will be mailed home on Monday, April 23. Students and families will have until mid-May to review their selected courses. Contact your child's counselor if you have any questions.
- On Wednesday, April 25, we are hosting a Military Family Breakfast for all our students and families who are military-connected. If you are active or retired military, you should have received an invitation in the mail to attend the breakfast. Please RSVP (regrets only) to Mrs. Pottle by Friday, April 20 at 757-565-0373 ext. 32208.
- Seniors! We have loved hearing about all your college acceptances! Please make sure you bring a copy of your acceptance letter to Mrs. Lightfoot in the Counseling Office!
- There are still scholarships available! Check out our scholarship page for the most up-to-date information: https://wjccschools.org/lhs/counseling/scholarships-financial-aid/.
- On Tuesday, May 1st, at 6 p.m., we will host an Early College Program information session with Thomas Nelson Community College. This will be held in the Lafayette auditorium. Contact your child's counselor if you have any questions.
- AP exams will be May 7-18. More details to come!
In other news:
- Are you preparing for your AP exam? What score will colleges accept? Check out this website to see what scores are accepted: https://apstudent.collegeboard.org/creditandplacement/search-credit-policies?action=start&searchType=APCredit&word=V.
- The Big Future website is a wonderful place to get started on your college and career journey! Check it out now: https://bigfuture.collegeboard.org/.
We also now have appointment and transcript requests online! Follow these links:
- Counseling Appointment Request: https://forms.office.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id=KaBjthioUka9BdpP0bA5Ci2O3XuPqBpPnSzDCMLBWGJUMUM5WDVMMzlSOU9BVFBHUlI4SVU4VkdHOS4u
- Transcript Request: https://forms.office.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id=KaBjthioUka9BdpP0bA5Ci2O3XuPqBpPnSzDCMLBWGJUOUhIWEE1SUlHN04zQVNMM0NXWjI5UkVBMi4u
- Seniors: If you have already requested your initial transcripts, your mid-year grades were automatically sent to your colleges. If you have not requested your transcripts to be sent yet, please do so as soon as possible - not sending your transcripts will delay your admission decision!
- See your school counselor or registrar if you have any questions!
Follow us on Twitter! @LHSCounselorsVA
Lafayette High School Counseling Department
The mission of the Lafayette High School counseling program aligns with the school mission, which is: to educate its diverse population, providing our students with the tools to become knowledgeable, productive, and resourceful members of a global society. School counselors, as professional advocates, will provide a comprehensive counseling program in order to address the academic, social/emotional, and career needs of all students. In addition, school counselors will promote mindsets and behaviors that enhance the learning process and create a culture of college and career ready students well prepared to meet the challenges and high expectations of the 21st century. The school counselors will facilitate a positive, supportive, and culturally sensitive program that will promote a school community that is a safe, healthy, and nurturing environment for all. School counselors will lead a collaborative effort to design, implement, assess, and continuously improve the comprehensive data driven school counseling program.