May 2 - 6
It's Staff Appreciation Week!
So Thankful for Everything that YOU Do for your KIDS!
- Mundane Monday – PTA will provide teachers and staff with a breakfast cart.
- Taco Tuesday - PTA will provide teachers and staff with a taco bar lunch in the lounge.
- Wacky Wednesday - PTA will provide teachers and staff with a Sonic drink.
- Thankful Thursday – PTA will provide teachers and staff with afternoon snacks.
- Fabulous Friday - PTA will provide teachers and staff with a Beach BBQ themed luncheon.
Dates to Remember
For planning purposes and to help everyone be aware of ALL the events, I have included everything I currently have on the calendar for the rest of the school year. Please check regularly for updates or possible changes.
4/18 - 5/13 - GT screening window (no GT classes during testing time)
5/2 - 5/6 is STAFF APPRECIATION WEEK
5/3 - Kinder Spring Orientation @ 6:00 pm
5/6 - Muffins with Mom
5/6 - PTA Staff Appreciation Luncheon
5/7 - Election Day
5/9 - 5/12 - CLOSED CAMPUS due to STAAR testing
5/9 - 3rd & 4th graders take STAAR Math Test -3rd & 4th graders can also go to the cafeteria and receive a FREE BREAKFAST. Thank you, Sodexo!
5/10 - 3rd & 4th graders take STAAR Reading Test -3rd & 4th graders can also go to the cafeteria and receive a FREE BREAKFAST. Thank you, Sodexo!
5/12 - PTA Spirit Night @ Chick Fil-A
5/16 - School Assembly - 4th grade performance @ 1:30 pm
5/16 - at 7:00 p.m. in KHES Cafeteria-Bucket Drummers, Honor Choir, and 4th grade Recorder Concert
5/17 - 4th graders visit BCI @ 9:00
5/17 - CEIC Meeting @ 3:30
5/18 - School assembly - Bucket Drummers @ 9:00 NEW TO CALENDAR
5/18 - Marilyn Dennehey book workshop NEW TO CALENDAR
- 1st grade 10:15-11:00
- 3rd grade 11:15-12:00
- 2nd grade 12:15-1:00
5/19 - All Pro-Dads @ 7:00 am
5/19 - 4th grade @ Play Day - Keller HS
5/19 - Kindergarten Field Trip - Omni Theater
5/19 - Choir & Bucket Drummers perform at the KISD Art show and reception at Keller Town Hall @ 4:45
5/23 - 5/26 - Talent Show
5/23 - 5/27 - Student Appreciation week
5/25 - Keller PD "Special Olympics" Torch Run (SEE BELOW)
5/26 - 4th grade Fine Arts Field trip - Amon Carter Museum
5/27 - KHES Field Day
5/30 - Memorial Day Holiday/No School
6/1 - Kindergarten graduation @ 8:30 am
6/2 - 4th grade graduation @ 8:00 am
6/2 - Early Release Day/Last Day of School
6/3 - Teacher Work Day
Spring Meeting Dates
May 5 - Additional STAAR Training (e.g. oral administration)
May 12 - Ice Cream Social in PD room/Service Pins
May 19 - Work on Class Placement NEW TOPIC
May 26 - Faculty Meeting: KHES goals for 16-17 NEW TOPIC
Topics listed above still MAY change. I do not know if Leadership will be coming over again to discuss next year's Principal.
COWBOY HEART @ WORK RECOGNITIONS
- Thank you, Brenda for helping us successfully teach math. All of your hard work is appreciated!
- Caroline, you have such a caring heart! I cannot tell you how much I appreciate the time you took to help out in the classrooms at Woodland Springs. It's so nice to see how much support & love we have for our other schools.
- Kaye, thank you so much for your caring spirit. You are such a wonderful & kind teacher. the teachers at Woodland Springs needed help and you did not hesitate to go help. thank you for supporting other campuses in the district.
- My darling son decided to take his bike on the bus to swim practice not thinking how he was going to get it home. Sarah graciously offered to put his bike in her car and drive it home after working a double shift of cookie selling at McDonald's. thank you so much for your help.
- An overdue Heart @ Work goes to the Kinder team for attending the ELC Home Campus night. This event, in partnership with the ELC & all the elementary schools welcomes our families who will have a kinder student at KHES. Thank you for being there to help our future families.
- Rochelle, thank you for taking the extra time to help Jennifer Atkinson last week. Your dedication to our students is amazing. Thank you for all that you do.
- Jessica, thank you so much for the extra support you are providing to so many of our students...not just the students in your classroom. You may think you've been "behind the scenes" but I have noticed all the extras you are doing. Thanks for all that you do.
- Kat, thank you so much for everything that you do for the students at KHES. There are so many things that you do each & every day and I can see how much you care for students in and out of your classroom. Thank you for all the extras!
- Brenda, thank you so much for help me "get all the kinks" out! I appreciate your kindness and thoughtfulness.
- Jennifer H., thank you for all the additional support you have given to your classroom. You have taken special care in writing lesson plans, making copies, and supporting teachers, subs and most importantly, students. Thank you for your caring heart.
Summer School Plans
- All 3rd and 4th grade classrooms will be used for summer school classrooms
- All rooms on E-Hall are the "back up" rooms should they need additional space.
- If there is something that you do not want others to have access to, please take it home.
- You do not have to cover anything up.
- If you are switching classrooms and are planning to pack up before you begin your summer break, you can leave your things in your current room or move them to your new room. It is your decision.
- Summer school teachers will have ALL supplies given to them...even paper clips!
District News & Events
The 2016-2017 DEIC Professional Staff Elections Survey is now open for voting. Elections will run through Friday, May 6th. The contributions and advocacy from the DEIC members for your campuses and feeder patterns have added value to our organization which is why we ask that you please encourage your staff to participate in the survey.
Once you click the link, it will open up to the survey.
In order to participate, you may either:
Copy-paste the entire following link between quote marks (NOT including the quote marks) in a web browser
" http://survey.k12insight.com/k/SsQPXSUsSVQsPsPsP "
Keller Harvel Elementary - KISD
Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter
Text @khes to the number 81010
Weather closings or JEANS DAYs!
Student Appreciation Week is May 23 - 27
Monday – Mindcraft Monday/Board Games (Take an hour during the day)
Tuesday – Free Ice Cream
Wednesday – Nerd Day/Pop Corn at recess
Thursday – Crazy Hair Day
Friday – Field Day, Rita’s, Obstacle Course