Fat Man Bomb
By Blaine Anglin and Audrey Glasser
Diameter- 1.5 Meters
Facts about the bombing
- Enola Gay, and american bomber, dropped the bomb.
- President Harry S. Truman Ordered that the new weapon be used to bring the war to a speedy ending.
- The blast was equivalent to the power of 15,000 TONS of TNT.
- Tens of thousands more people died in the following weeks of radiation poisoning.
- The bomb was dropped in Hiroshima
- A few days after the second bomb japan surrendered
- The united states had been working on developing an atomic weapon and had its first successful test in the new mexico desert in July of 1945
- The bomb in Hiroshima was dropped on August 6th of 1945, less than a month after its first successful test.
- The bomb was dropped 29,000 feet in the air.
- The bomb had a core of 239 Plutonium
- It was the Second nuclear weapon used in the war
- The core was surrounded by several thousand pounds of high explosives
- The bomb detonated in the air
- The bomb was delivered by a B-29 Bomber
- an area of about 2.3 miles by 1.9 miles was destroyed
- the bomb killed 80,000 people and over 35,000 people were injured.
- The code name for both bombs were taken from the movie "The Maltese Falcon"
Fat Man Bomb
Monday, Aug. 6th 1945 at 8:15am
Nagasaki, Nagasaki Prefecture, Japan
Nagasaki, Nagasaki Prefecture
Surprise Party for the Japanese
- A Giant bomb
- Bunch of Deaths
- none of them know about it.