The Rigsby Reader 4.20.15
Updates from Room 311
- Dry Erase Markers!!
- Snacks (Very Low!)
Dates to Remember:
Mrs. Rigsby will have a sub on Wednesday (oral surgery) and Friday (flying to Indianapolis): Transportation changes on these days need to be made with a phone call to the classroom- 828-350-6525
- Thursday, April 23- Raising Confident Children 6:00pm Claxton
- Friday, April 24- Musical numbers for students 9:00am-10:00am
- Friday, April 24- Romeo and Harriet Play 7:00pm
- Saturday, April 25- Romeo and Harriet Play 7:00pm
- Sunday, April 26- Romeo and Harriet Play 2:30pm
- Friday, May 1- Elementary Battle of the Books
If you'd like to schedule a parent conference to discuss your child's progress and growth in 4th grade- please call the classroom 828-350-6525, or send me an email at email@example.com . I have some great MAP data for Math and Reading that we could look at together.
Are you following our classroom twitter? @mrskarenrigsby
What We Are Learning
- Reading- We are continuing with Our Strategy Groups this week. We are also working on finding the meaning of new words by using Context Clues.
- Math- This week we are going to introduce Decimals. We will be learning about how fractions and decimals are related.
- Writing- Students continue to finalize their NC Books, and work on their 4th Grade Trip Memory Books.
Science: We are starting our Magnet Unit this week! ACS 4th grade Teachers received a grant to develop a 'Forces and Motion' Kit with the NC Science House team. We will have these wonderful science experiment materials for a month!
Sharing Raleigh Photos
Mrs. Grimes has created a google drive folder so students and parents can share their pictures with everyone in our class. This will allow students who did not have cameras to see pictures and parents who were not able to attend to see pictures from the trip. Simply click on the link below and add pictures to the folder or view pictures to see the fun we had. The easiest way to upload pictures from a phone is to download the free google drive app and then click on the link. This should allow google drive to connect to your camera. Happy viewing and sharing!
A Huge Thank You to our Wonderful Raleigh Chaperones! - Ms. McHargue, Mrs. Pippinger-Clark, Mrs. Gillmon, & Mrs. Wells
Finding Mrs. Rigsby
If your child has a change in how they are going home- please send a note with your child or call the classroom and leave a message. I try to check my email often- but once I'm teaching, I don't stop! Please let me know how I can help your student be successful.