Principal News & Notes
an e-newsletter from Principal Bruggers
March 30, 2020
Mounds View High School Students,
Today is the first day of Distance Learning. I'm excited to see our community come together to provide a positive educational experience for our students. Currently, Distance Learning will continue until May 4. I hope you are all doing well and staying safe. Know that you are all missed, very much, by the high school staff.
A few reminders as we begin this new learning experience:
- Check your courses on Google Classroom every day.
- Teachers will post learning targets, assignments, directions, and their availability by 8:35 AM each morning. You will be responsible for organizing your day to make certain work is completed in a timely manner. Teachers may request your presence during your scheduled class time to engage in interactive activities (i.e. class discussion, interactive lecture, unit reviews, quizzes/assessments, or Google Hangout). In other cases, you will be able to access the course material and complete the work on your own timeline.
- Teachers will clearly post all expectations and future plans on Google Classroom. This is why it is important to check-in with each of your classes daily.
- Any issues, conflicts or concerns should be directed to the teacher via email. They will work with you to come up with a clear plan.
- As we move forward, we will continue to review and adjust to better serve you.
- Make sure you are taking care of yourself. Build in breaks and disconnect time.
- Practice patience and understanding, not perfection.
Let's have a great week!