November 18, 2021
Hello SVDP Community,
Happy 2nd Trimester! Thanks to everyone that attended our Open House and VAPA Fest. It was amazing to see all the parents inside these walls!
- Masks are still required both indoors and outdoors
- Parent volunteers in limited capacity and with approved clearance are welcome on campus (see "Parent Volunteers" below)
- All parents will be admitted into the school lobby to check their student(s) in / out of school
On Friday, report cards will be distributed electronically to grades 3-8 and a hardcopy will be sent home with grades K-2.
The November STAR assessment window is closed. Parents will receive a graph that includes their child's reading and math scores from September 2020 to present. These will be sent home with your 3-8 grade students on Friday.
Following up on our TableTALK:
- We are currently seeking to fill the following positions: Spanish teacher and counselor. Both of these positions are part-time. The diocese has removed all of their job postings, as this is a difficult time of year for hiring in education. If you know of a qualified candidate, please have them email email@example.com.
- The digital version of the Community Handbook has been red-lined. The edits were to the document as it existed in August, when each family was asked to read and sign off that they agreed and understood the content.
- Any questions can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
SLEs Student Recognition
At SVDP, the acronym G.R.O.W. outlines our School-wide Learning Expectations. The goal of SVDP School is to graduate students who are God-Centered Individuals, Responsible and Globally Aware Citizens, Outstanding Lifelong Learners, and Well-Rounded Persons. For the 2021-2022 school year, we will recognize students that exemplify the SLEs each trimester. The following students have received recognition for Trimester 1 as being role models to their fellow students, faculty, and staff.
November STAR Assessment
Parent Volunteers (reprinted from November 4th)
To volunteer at any SVDP activity, you must have the following:
- Submit Livescan Fingerprinting (see attached form below) - Find a local business that can submit your fingerprints through the Livescan screening process. If you have already done this for previous SVDP volunteer requirements, you do not need to do it again. We will receive your fingerprinting clearance through your Virtus account (see #2). Please note that if you have done Livescan fingerprinting for other volunteer or professional requirements, you must still complete specifically for SVDP.
- Complete Protecting God's Children training module on Virtus - If you have never done this, create an account at www.virtusonline.org and take the course "Protecting God's Children." If you previously completed the training, make sure your three-year certification is still valid. Existing certification can be checked by logging in to your existing Virtus account at www.virtusonline.org.
- Proof of COVID vaccination must be emailed to email@example.com.
Once you've completed all three of these requirements, your SchoolSpeak profile will be updated with a green check-mark (like the one above). When entering campus to volunteer, please use your phone to show your SchoolSpeak profile to the front office for admission. Sign-in as a visitor at the front desk and proceed to your volunteer assignment. Remember to sign out too.
All parents are encouraged to complete these requirements now, but they must be completed 24 hours prior to volunteering. Without your green-checked profile, we cannot welcome you to volunteer.
We are currently looking for volunteers in the following roles:
- ChoiceLunch - We need eight volunteers - two for each day of the week (Tuesday - Friday) to assist in distributing ChoiceLunch to our students. Volunteers must commit to the same day each and every week through Trimester 2 (February 25). Staff will fill in when shift volunteers are not available. Information on how to sign up will be distributed soon.
- K-2 Read Aloud - Parent volunteers will be solicited by the teachers, who will provide more class-specific information.
- Field Trips - Parent volunteers will be solicited by the teachers organizing class-specific field trips.
- Kindergarten Lunch Duty (beginning in January) - Look for more information from the K Team.
HOT FUND Kick Off
Tomorrow morning is the last opportunity to bring in your books and book reviews for Project Night Night. Read more info in the attached file.
In November, the students made Thanksgiving cards for St. Peter's School and the residents of St. Anne's home.
In December, we will host a gently-used adult coat drive. Look for more information in the next newsletter.
Women's Club Shopping Night
SVDP FAMILY REFERRAL PROGRAM
The Advisory Board and the Administration know that our amazing families are the best spokespeople for SVDP. To remain competitive in the San Francisco school marketplace, we must attract families that share our educational standards, values, and sense of community. For these reasons, the Advisory Board is pleased to announce a Family Referral Program.
Beginning July 1, 2021, if you recommend a family that accepts enrollment and pays all their fees, incidental charges, and tuition through October for the 2022-2023 school year, the Finance Committee will apply a $500 credit to your FACTS account in October 2022. You will get $500 for each successful referral, with a max of three referral credits. Only one SVDP family may claim a referral. The FACTS credit must be used towards tuition, not incidental charges. When a family applies, they should include the name of the referring family on their application. Online applications have been updated to include this information. The referring family does not need to write a letter of recommendation to receive the credit.
Follow the link to read the latest news on our school reopening plan.