CSA Lincoln Newsletter
Principal's Notes and Highlights
- Other than a few make-ups, ISTEP Part 1 testing, was completed today. Our teachers have been very impressed with the student's efforts. As I said last week, we know this can be stressful so we made sure to have some fun with it. The Prize Wheel was a big hit. Students got to choose what options went on the wheel and they won everything from Dairy Queen treats, pizza parties, dodgeball, extra recess, teacher switch, nap time, duct tape the principal to the wall (see photo), and much more! Each class (K-6) has met their goals and had a chance to spin the wheel multiple times. It was all part of our #workhardplayhard motto. I've included a few videos of my favorite celebrations!
- 3rd graders will be taking iREAD next Tuesday and Wednesday. This is state-mandated test. This testing will happen in the morning so please plan accordingly. We will be continuing with the Prize Wheel for those classes next week.
- We are closing in on the deadline to receive your free Kinsa thermometer (March 16th). We are up to 190 families, which means about 60 families are still missing out on this opportunity. If you need help registering, please call the office and I'll walk you through it. Make sure you join the CSA Lincoln group! My wife loves that it takes only 10 seconds to check a squirming 17 month old boy's temperature. :)
- Trolls, the movie, starts tonight at 6:30 p.m. Before you come, stop by the McDonald's on 3rd street to buy dinner. 20% of all proceeds from 5-7 p.m. at the McDonald's on 3rd street go to the CSA Lincoln PTO. I'll be our school designee there during those hours so please be sure to say hello!
- BCSC published the 2017-2018 Calendar.
Have a great weekend!
ISTEP Prize- Duct Tape Miss Moore to a pole!
We need your help!
Help our school playground win a grant for an extreme makeover! Each year, the Healthy Playground sweepstakes through Together Counts provides the opportunity for you to win big for your school! Anyone in our community can enter daily for a chance to win $30,000 for our school’s healthy transformation and a new playground. Sign up is easy, just choose our school from the list and enter your name and email.
HELP SPREAD THE WORD!
Anyone can enter on behalf of our school. Enter once a day, every day until March 24, 2017. The more entries your school has, the greater chance it has to win!
Kinsa-190 families already enrolled!
Why should you participate in this program?
1. You receive a free thermometer that is shipped to your home.
2. It is easy to enroll. The app is free. It took me 3 minutes to download the app, join the CSA group and create profiles of each member of my family. I instantly received an email notifying me that my thermometer was being shipped.
3. By joining the CSA Lincoln group, you will have access to a message board that you can connect with our school nurse and other users. Mrs. Helwig can update the group of health trends in our school (example: 3rd grade is noticing a spike in temperatures this week. Please make sure your students are washing their hands, etc.).
4. You data is anonymous and not shared with others. It also tracks your data so you can track health trends of your family members.
5. You can use the app as little or as much as you want.
How was CSA Lincoln selected?
We are thankful to have such wonderful parents who continue to find ways to improve our school. This opportunity became available because one of our parents learned about the program, applied on our behalf and we were accepted!
Cost if you buy the thermometer at retail: $19.95
Deadline to Enroll: Wednesday, March 16th
Please share The Linden Project #celebratecolumbus video on Facebook!
PTO Ongoing Fundraisers
Kroger Community Rewards
1. Visit www.kroger.com/communityrewards.com or call
1-800-Krogers, Option #3 to enroll your Kroger Plus Card in the Community Rewards Program and designate Columbus Signature Academy -Lincoln as your organization. Click “Enroll Now” on the Community Rewards page and enter our organization number 11083.
Use your Kroger Plus Card while shopping at the Kroger on National Road.
Trolls Movie Night
Friday, March 3rd is PTO Family Movie Night! Gather your blankets, pillows, and some Husky friends and join us in the CSA Lincoln gym for a night of hair-raising fun! Doors open at 6:00pm so come early to get your seat and enjoy some pre-movie activities. Trolls will begin at 6:30pm. This is a free event for CSA Lincoln students and their families. All children must be accompanied by an adult. Snacks will be provided, however feel free to bring dinner with you to picnic with friends during the movie! Hope to see you there!
McDonald's Restaurant Night Fundraiser
On Friday, March 3rd, 20% of ANY purchase, dine in or drive thru, at the McDonald's on 3rd Street between 5-7pm will be returned to CSA Lincoln PTO and in turn go toward supporting The Linden Project. Flyers will come home with students next week, but only as a reminder or to pass along to family or friends. NO FLYER IS NEEDED so make sure to let everyone you know to visit McDonald's on 3rd Street that night between 5-7pm! Better yet, swing by McDonald's on your way to Trolls Movie Night and bring your dinner with you!
BCSC Pre-K Applications
Our BCSC Pre-K Program is now accepting applications. Children must be 4 years old on or before August 1st, 2017. The application process will remain open, but we will start filling classroom rosters in March. The application can be found on the BCSC homepage. The direct link is, http://www.bcsc.k12.in.us//cms/module/selectsurvey/TakeSurvey.aspx?SurveyID=1050. For more information, please feel free to contact us at 812-376-4569.
WHAT IF WE NEEDED YOU TO KNOW...
WHAT IF there was an EMERGENCY? WHAT IF we needed to GET INFORMATION TO YOU? This is a QUICK and EASY way to communicate needed information TO YOU!
Click here to join the CSA Lincoln group.
Click here for directions on how to receive text message updates from Mr. Findley
Husky Gram Winners
Rudy Monroy- Mendez
Feel free to contact me if you have any questions!