CB West High School
West Times Newsletter 6-7-2021
Have a Wonderful Summer
Thank you for your support and encouragement this year. We wish you a restful and enjoyable summer.
Graduation and other Important Information for Seniors
With the Governor’s announcement of lifting event and gathering limitations beginning May 31st, we are pleased to let you know that we will now be able to host a traditional Graduation with no attendance restrictions. Please visit the Class of 2021 Page on the CB West website for details and other important information for seniors.
NEWS FROM THE GUIDANCE DEPARTMENT
Social and Emotional Wellness Resources
As we continue to face challenges and navigate difficult times, we are including Social and Emotional Wellness Resources that may be helpful to our students, staff and families. Students and adults may display a range of thoughts and emotions when presented with various circumstances. We recommend to continue engaging in conversations with your child. As always, please reach out to your child’s counselor if you have questions or concerns.
Report Cards will be available on the portal on Wednesday, June 16, 2021 after 2pm.
Summer School 2021
All 2021 Summer School remedial courses will be available in an online format through Educere. Remediation courses are available in English/Language Arts, Math, Science, Social Studies, and World Language. Registration deadline is June 25th, and courses must be completed by August 7, 2021. For Registration Information and links to the list of available courses on Educere, please see the CBW Summer School Info Link. Please contact your student’s counselor with any questions about Summer School.
Complete the Senior Survey!
Completing the Graduation Survey is an obligation. This must be completed by June 9th at the very latest. Follow the steps below – the survey should take less than 5 minutes to complete. Be sure to contact Ms. Dallam or Mr. Curtis if you have questions.
- In Naviance go to the “About Me” tab;
- Click “My surveys”
- Click “Surveys Not Started”
- Click “Graduation Survey”
- Be sure to click “Update” or your changes will not be saved!
Final Transcripts will be sent to the school you selected as your “Attending School” in the Senior Survey. Transcripts will be sent automatically, starting June 14th. You do not need to ‘request’ that we send these transcripts. If you change the college you’re attending, please contact Ms. Dallam or Mr. Curtis.
- NCAA – Seniors who will be playing sports in college: If you have submitted an electronic request for your transcript to be sent to the NCAA/Eligibility Center, they will be sent after June 14th, 2021. If you have not done this, log into your Eligibility Center account and follow the instructions for requesting a transcript.
Graduating Seniors will lose access to their District Accounts on July 15th!
1. Seniors are advised to backup any desired files to their personal computers/drives.
- Directions for downloading OneDrive files and OneNote archives can be found here.
2. Seniors will lose access to CB email. Backup any desired emails or attachments to personal computer/drives.
3. Seniors will lose access to Naviance. Export/print any desired Resumes or assessment reports.
4. From Portal, print out Unofficial Transcript (in Reports). You may also wish to print out a copy of your Health Immunization Records.
IF YOUR STUDENT IS TAKING AN AP EXAM DURING THE MONTH OF JUNE, PLEASE READ THIS CRITICAL ANNOUNCEMENT!
If your student does not follow these instructions for downloading the UPDATED College Board Digital Testing App, they will not be able to access their at-home digital AP Exam on their testing day.
Unfortunately, the College Board continues to make updates to the Digital Testing, and you need to make sure you have the most recent App. Please take one of the following actions to download the Digital Testing App, depending on your present situation. After installing the App, please follow the steps 4 through 7 below.
1. I have never installed AP College Board Digital Testing App:
- Download from AP College Board link and install : https://apcentral.collegeboard.org/about-ap-2021/updates/digital-exams/download-testing-app
2. I already installed AP College Board from Company Portal – it was working and it is now not:
- Uninstall the app from add/remove programs
TO UNINSTALL THE OLD SOFTWARE
- In the “magnifying glass”/search bar on your computer’s taskbar – that spot next to the Windows button in the lower left of your screen – type “Add or remove.”
- You should see a result for “Add or remove programs.” Open that.
- In a few moments, your computer will display a list of all apps currently installed. Find “2021 Digital AP Exams” near or at the top. Click on it, then click on “Uninstall.” Confirm uninstallation.
- Download from this AP College Board link and re-install : https://apcentral.collegeboard.org/about-ap-2021/updates/digital-exams/download-testing-app
3. I have uninstalled the old App, downloaded the new App from the link above, and tried to install and am still having an issue:
After installing the Digital Testing App, please complete the following steps:
4. Log in to the Digital Testing App using your College Board username and password.
5. Practice with sample questions in the digital testing app. This will allow you to:
- Familiarize yourself with the testing app.
- Complete questions similar to those on the actual exam (students will receive a score and a rubric from their practice test, which will provide a snapshot of their exam readiness.)
- Ensure that your App is compatible with the device you are testing on.
6. Load your exam into the Digital Testing app 1-3 days before each digital exam you are taking. If you do not do this, you may not be able to access your test on Testing Day.
7. Check in to each digital exam 30 minutes before the scheduled start time.
Laptop Return and Senior Survey
All seniors as well as 12+ transition students receiving special education services must return their laptops, pens, and chargers on either Monday, June 7th or Tuesday, June 8th. We will be set up in the lobby at CB West from 11:00am-2:30pm.
Students who are missing an item above need to pay for a replacement on My Payments Plus (CLICK HERE) prior to handing in your laptop. Please then bring the My Payments Plus receipt with you when you return your laptop.
In addition, Seniors who have not yet completed the mandatory Senior Survey in Naviance will do so after they check in to hand back their computer and accessories.
It is extremely important that laptops, laptop accessories, and the Senior Survey are turned in and completed. If not completed, these are obligations that will impact your ability to pick up your cap and gown.
Reminder about June 9th
June 9th is an asynchronous day for all students and they will work from home. The exception to this is for those students making up exams in-person or online. This is an early dismissal day.
Final Exams and Last Week of School Schedule
- Monday, June 7th: Regular Day - Science Final Exams administered during class.
- Tuesday, June 8th: Regular Day - Math Final Exams administered during class.
- *Wednesday, June 9th: Early Dismissal Day due to graduation practice in the afternoon. Asynchronous Day for students except those needing to make-up exams.
- *Thursday, June 10th: Early Dismissal Day. Only 10th and 11th grade students report to school. Graduation Day!
- *Friday, June 11th: Early Dismissal Day. Only 10th and 11th grade students report to school.
*For the Early Dismissal days, transportation will be provided in the morning for arrival and again at 10:45 for dismissal.
- Any in-person students who pre-ordered and have not picked up their order yet should stop by room D114 to pick up a yearbook. Students must bring with them a form of photo identification.
- For all Virtual Students, yearbooks can be picked up on Wednesday, June 9th from 1:30 - 3:30 PM in the Cafeteria. Students must bring with them a form of photo identification.
Sales: Due to high demand, we will have a limited number of yearbooks to sell at the end of the year. These will be sold on a first come-first serve basis. Left over yearbooks will open for sales starting on Wednesday, June 2nd. Students can come to room D114 or C135. The cost is $90 and cash or check is accepted.
Questions: Please contact Erin Walsh email@example.com regarding distribution or sales.
MBIT End of School Year Information
CB last day of school: June 11
MBIT last day of school: June 16
CB District Art Show 2020-2021
Central Bucks School District teachers & students proudly present our 2020-2021 District Art Show. This time-honored event showcases artwork from each of our 23 schools, created by students learning both in-person and virtually. Despite a year of challenges, students persisted and creatively worked through some very unique learning situations. All artists both in the classroom and at home were able to rise above and produce incredible works of art! Please join us in celebrating these artists and their accomplishments. We hope you enjoy the show! Links and details at https://tinyurl.com/fb6edjnc
Book/Item Distribution and Return
Students Coming Into Building for Finals: Return all books/materials to your teacher on the day of your final exam or when you hand in your final project for any classes that are not giving a final exam.
Virtual Students: Return all books/materials after you complete your final exam/final project. You can drop it off in the cafeteria at CB West from 7:25am-10:00am and/or 12:30pm-3:30pm any day from June 2nd through June 8th. Please park in the Junior lot (on MacFarlane Lane) and enter the cafeteria through the side doors. Put books/materials neatly on the tables in the small end of the cafeteria. Please make sure all books are labeled with your name, grade, and teacher.
CBSD Summer Community Programs
Beat summer boredom! CBSD's community school is offering summer sports camps, mock trial, music & arts camps, and many other activities - register through MyPaymentsPlus at https://www2.mypaymentsplus.com/welcome beginning May 17!
From the Nurse
Please consider printing a copy of your child’s immunization record prior to graduation. You will not have access to the portal after graduation and it is a good idea to keep a copy for your future use.
If your child was vaccinated for COVID-19 and you want to have that vaccination added to their school health record, please contact our School Nurse, Carol Klein at 267-893-2523. Please note, COVID-19 vaccinations are not mandatory, nor is it mandatory to inform the school of your child(ren)’s COVID-19 vaccination status.
Each year, Pennsylvania requires schools to complete health screenings for students. We have begun this process and hope to complete as many students as possible during the remainder of the year.
If your student is virtual, you may contact the Nurse.
Once completed, height and weight measurements can be found on the Parent Portal. Parents/Guardians will be contacted following the screenings if there is a concern.
If you prefer that your child be exempted from the health screenings, please contact Mrs. Klein firstname.lastname@example.org
Save the Music Foundation
CBSD Farmers Market at Barclay
Dates for the summer:
- June 9th and 23rd
- July 14th and 28th
- Aug. 11th and 25th
The State of Pa. requires that all Juniors have a physical on file in the Health Office. As your student goes to the doctor for driver’s permits, working papers, etc., remember to turn in a copy of the physical. Physicals dated the first day of Sophomore year or later will be excepted as a Junior physical. If your child plays sports, this physical will count as well.