Bailey Lake Elementary School
Back to School
It is truly amazing to witness the growth in learning, confidence and character that our students achieve throughout the year. So much of that happens here, at Bailey Lake. But an equally important piece of that happens at home. The bridge between those two influences is the Bailey Lake PTA.
Our principal, teachers and staff form a dynamic partnership with parents to create some incredible opportunities for your student. In this newsletter, you will find a detailed list of many of the events and programs that are made possible through this collaboration. These many enrichments would simply not exist without the support that we receive from our families - families who generously offer their time, talent and financial resources.
We hope that you will take the time to review this information and that you find it helpful. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact any of our PTA Board Members.
In a complex world that often seems to be beyond influence and reach in so many ways, this is a place where your involvement, energy, and new ideas are welcomed and one where they create a huge impact. Please join us to help make this another great year at BLE!
2018-2019 BLE PTA Board
Why Join The PTA at BLE?
Through our fundraising and volunteer efforts, you can see the work of the BLE PTA in any of the following:
- Annual funds allocated to each classroom and grade level for supplemental resources
- Payment for all school field trips
- Grade level enrichment activities, such as guest speakers and presentations
- School assemblies
- All of the activities detailed in this newsletter
- Special purchases of computers, educational programs, recess equipment and more
There are many ways our parent and grandparent volunteers choose to contribute. Whether you would like to help plan and organize an event, staff a station at an event, create bulletin boards, support classroom reading and math, or simply donate items, there is an opportunity for you to help.
How can you get involved?
- Read your teacher's emails/SeeSaw/Blog. He/She will include requests for volunteers at school-wide events, and for classroom specific needs.
- For most school-wide events, we use the site www.signupgenius.com to solicit and coordinate volunteers. This makes it easy for you to find an open spot that works for you, and makes it easier for our coordinators to track signups, send reminders and distribute information.
- Follow Bailey Lake Elementary PTA on Facebook! Events and updates are regularly posted there.
- Ask your teacher how you can help.
- Sign up for email reminders through www.clarkstoncalendar.org. Choose BLE and any other community organizations and schools that you would like to receive updates from.
A note about fundraising:
The BLE experience includes a variety of school-wide and classroom activities. Each activity has a unique focus, and requires varying levels of creativity, organization and work. Nearly all activities require both time and funding to make them a success.
Our only major fundraiser for the year is BLE's popular Fun Run. The event is currently in its 5th year, and annually raises over $25,000 after expenses - which makes it the largest single source for our annual operating budget. Please look for information coming home soon after school starts regarding this key fundraising initiative. If you are interested in being a business sponsor of this event, and having your business name/logo on the class shirts received by each student, please contact Theresa Rotman no later than Friday, September 7.
Passive Fundraising is our other key source of income, and is a simple, low-key way to help. Opportunities include signing up for Kroger Community Rewards, clipping and submitting BoxTops for Education, using AmazonSmile for all of your Amazon purchases (simply select BLE as your charitable organization), and attending our popular fundraising nights at local restaurants like Culvers and Hungry Howies, where they donate a percentage of their profits back to the school on designated evenings. These small steps generate thousands of dollars each year. These funds become available to our teachers through a PTA mini-grant program, which helps to fund improvements and innovations in their classrooms.
The PTA also brings other advantages:
- Be in the Know. PTA helps you keep up with what's happening in the school and how you can support your child's education.
- Build Relationships. PTA connects you to other families in the school community through meetings, events and communications.
- Watch Yourself Grow. By volunteering, you put your skills and hobbies to use for a great cause - your child and other children in the school. You can also build new skills.
- Speak Up. PTA can be an effective avenue to advocate change at BLE.
- Witness Improvement. By getting involved, you are a part of the solution, helping to make positive changes. It is immensely gratifying to help support improvements through advocacy, funding classroom needs, and coordinating many of the activities that our students and families eagerly look forward to each year.
- Be a Role Model. By becoming a PTA member, you'll be demonstrating to your child, and others, the importance you place on education and community involvement.
- Enjoy Benefits. You can take advantage of member benefits for things like office supplies and car rentals. One of the most popular benefits is getting a BLE family directory - available for PTA members only!
Click here to print out a membership form. Please return to school by September 30 with your $10 check to become a member of the BLE PTA
KEY DATES AND TIMES
August 31-September 3
Labor Day Holiday: No School
Partnership Night 6:30-8:00pm
Homeroom Parent/Activity Coordinator Meeting 8:30am
PTA Meeting 7:00pm
CLASSROOM PARTY DATES
October 31 at 2:45pm - Halloween Parade and Parties
December 20 at 3:00pm - Holiday Parties
February 14 at 3:00pm - Valentines Parties
TIMES YOU NEED TO KNOW
The School Day
8:25 First Bell (students enter)
8:40 Tardy Bell
- Plan the theme
- Decide the games, snacks or crafts
- Determine what supplies and help are needed
- Solicit other classroom parents to assist
- Run the party
https://www.signupgenius.com/go/4090444abab22a20-20182019 or contact Jessica Drake, our Volunteer Coordinator, at email@example.com
BLE PTA 2018-2019 Activities
Activity Coordinators Needed
An important note to all volunteers
Please click here to link your Kroger card to Bailey Lake Elementary. This is a key source of BLE PTA funding, and it only takes a few moments. BLE's five digit NPO number is 82526