Mrs. Friedman's Flyer
News and Announcements
6/3 Poem Day: Bring your favorite poem to school. Please bring in a cereal box for your child's series writing project.
6/7 Read-a-thon day: Bring a favorite book to share!
6/8 Stuffed Animal Day: Bring a SMALL furry friend!
6/15 Field Day: 1/2 day of school, 12:30 dismissal. No lunch at school.
6/16 1/2 day of school
6/17 Last Day of school! 1/2 Day, 12:30 Dismissal
Hopkins Pond Field Trip Information
- We will be going on a walking trip to Hopkins Pond on Thursday, June 2nd! If you are chaperoning our field trip, please meet at the Tatem playground at 9am. Ron Smith and his students will meet us at the pond where we will be exploring and learning about the animals and plants that live there! We will return to school at 11:30. We will be having regular lunch at school.
- We will be eating snack at the pond. Please pack throwaway items and containers so we don't have to carry snack bags back and forth.
- Please dress for the outdoors (socks, sneakers, hood/hat, and old clothes). Please put sunscreen on your students before they arrive to school. If it is drizzling but not pouring, we will still go to the pond. We are so excited!
- We will be meeting with our buddy class next week! They made their own brain pop videos, and they will be sharing the videos with us!
- Please check our Homeroom App for pictures! They can be viewed on the computer or desktop.
- Please see my eBoard for our kindness video. You can click on this link, or you can go to my eBoard, the technology tab, then the kindness video. The password is bekind. I'm sorry if they sound isn't working for everyone yet, I'm looking into that!
- You are now able to download a free archive of your child's digital portfolio! Here's how to download a .zip archive of your child's Seesaw journal, including images, videos, audio recordings, and text notes or captions.
Step 1: Sign into your parent account at https://app.seesaw.me.
Step 2: Click on your Profile Icon on the top left
Step 3: Click on the Gear Icon
Step 4: Click on Account Settings
Step 5: Scroll down and click on Download Journal Archives
Step 6: Click on the Download Zip button for the journal you want to download. This might take a while depending on your Internet speed and how many posts your child has in Seesaw.
This is what you get! It is organized by month and then ordered by the date the post was added. You'll see an html file with a thumbnail, text notes or captions, folder names and links (if the post used the Link item type). You'll also see the original image, video or audio files.
- Do you feel like you've missed something from a previous newsletter? I have all of the newsletters on my eBoard.
Students can continue to use Splash Math! This is a fun way for students to go on missions while practicing math skills! It can be used for personalized instruction, practice, or enrichment. The interactive game motivates students to improve their scores! This can also be downloaded as a FREE app!! Please let me know if you need another copy of your login card.